Declining Posts

  • kekmeow
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
      Another long time lurker here. I read the digests about every week or so and cull out the recipes and info that i like and pretty much skip all the banter. For the most part, this forum is one of the more civil groups that i have observed. Newbies in any group need to take their time and do a little searching before jumping in. It gets a little hard to watch the debate of how to "properly season" your black pots the 30th time around. Internet forums are no place for overly sensitive people. :) That being said we were all newbies once and little patience and respect goes a long ways to helping bring new members in.

      A big thank you to Biscuit and the other regular poster's for keeping this thing going. Experience is the best teacher and it always helps to "borrow" someone else's experience.

      KW
    • TERE
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
        I try to read often, a 3 yr old grand child keeps me well occupied!! :-) But u guys have taken me in 3 yrs from 1 pot to 9 or 10 (not quite sure whether 1 counts) & from a burnt dump cake to being able to cook for 20+ cowboys at Round Ups ... and they ask me to come back & cook again, and again! So I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THAT, but I'm still a newbie so will need your help & will still keep on readin' & askin'!!! TERE PS Boy is it HOT in the KofA but we will be having a cold snap it will be only 99 sometime soon & I'll most like be in California on the beach!!!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
          And you still haven't sent me that recipe I asked for! Ronda