Bourbon Pecan Shortbread

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
      This one from All Recipe.com looked really interesting for a quick easy
      snack. Randy

      Bourbon Pecan Shortbread By: Cyndi

      "Southern comfort in the form of a cookie."

      Yield 3 dozen

      Ingredients

      1/2 cup butter, softened

      1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

      1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

      1 tablespoon bourbon

      1/4 cup chopped pecans

      1 cup all-purpose flour

      2 tablespoons cornstarch

      Directions

      Grind the nuts with 1/2 cup flour in a food processor. Pulse on and off till
      the nuts are ground to a fine crumb. Add the rest of the flour and the
      cornstarch. Pulse to mix.

      In a separate bowl, cream the butter or margarine. Mix in the confectioners'
      sugar, vanilla, and bourbon. Work in the flour mixture. Knead the dough
      until smooth.

      Lightly spray your shortbread pan, or an 8 inch round pan, with a vegetable
      oil spray. Firmly press the dough into the pan, working from the center out.
      Poke the shortbread all over with a fork.

      Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 35 minutes, or till lightly
      browned. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Loosen the edges with a knife,
      and flip the pan over onto a cutting board. Tap lightly to loosen from pan.
      Cut into serving pieces while still warm.

      Source:
      http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bourbon-Pecan-Shortbread/Detail.aspx?ms=1
      <http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bourbon-Pecan-Shortbread/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop
      25=80737373&prop26=DailyDish&prop27=2012-04-01&prop28=CompleteYourMeal&prop2
      9=FullRecipe3&me=1>
      &prop25=80737373&prop26=DailyDish&prop27=2012-04-01&prop28=CompleteYourMeal&
      prop29=FullRecipe3&me=1

    • Greg Kline
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
        Thanks Randy. Looks tasty.
        Greg
        (Front Range IDOS)

      • tpstauffer@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
          Randy,
          I think you left out part of the recipe.... start with drinking 1 shot of bourbon.... have another shot of bourbon when you add bourbon to the recipe.... and then, 1 shot to celebrate the successful conclusion of cooking an excellent shortbread made with bourbon... then, go to sleep.
          Tom

[...]

          Individual Email | Traditional
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
              BTW, some of my recipes include instructions on when to enjoy Guinness!