just a little cooking exercise

  • Barb7513
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
      Been a little busy this past week; catered a mixer for about 150 folks Thursday evening and only used 17 ovens - all 14 inch or bigger. Then Friday went to Casa Grande AZ to set up for Cowboy Days to compete in the Chuckwagon Cookooff on Saturday which consisted of each wagon cooking Meat, Beans, Bread, Potato, & Dessert with enough to feed 50 people & 5 judges - all having to be ready by 11:30am; then cook breakfast for about 75 on Sunday, then Lunch for about 100 directly afterwards. Then packed up and drove home. Even though every muscle in my body hurts, we did well, so pretty tickled.

      The results of the Casa Grande AZ Cowboy Days Invitational Chuckwagon Cookoff held February 25, 2012 are as follows:

      Best Trail Wagon - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins

      Meat:
      1st - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
      2nd - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
      3rd - Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins
      4th - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones

      Beans:
      1st - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
      2nd - Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins
      3rd - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
      4th - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy

      Bread:
      1st - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
      2nd - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
      3rd - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
      4th - Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins

      Potatoes:
      1st - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
      2nd - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
      3rd - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
      4th Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins

      Dessert:
      1st - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
      2nd - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
      3rd - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
      4th - Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins

      Overall - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy

      Congratulations to all who participated !! Thank you to Danny Noland and the Pinal County Sheriffs Posse who hosted the event for all their effort & hard work.
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
        Congrats on the Best Wagon, and your other wins also. Ronda

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Barb7513" <barb7513@...> wrote:

        > Been a little busy this past week; catered a mixer for about 150 folks Thursday evening and only used 17 ovens - all 14 inch or bigger. Then Friday went to Casa Grande AZ to set up for Cowboy Days to compete in the Chuckwagon Cookooff on Saturday which consisted of each wagon cooking Meat, Beans, Bread, Potato, & Dessert with enough to feed 50 people & 5 judges - all having to be ready by 11:30am; then cook breakfast for about 75 on Sunday, then Lunch for about 100 directly afterwards. Then packed up and drove home. Even though every muscle in my body hurts, we did well, so pretty tickled.
        >
        > The results of the Casa Grande AZ Cowboy Days Invitational Chuckwagon Cookoff held February 25, 2012 are as follows:
        >
        > Best Trail Wagon - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
        >
        > Meat:
        > 1st - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
        > 2nd - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
        > 3rd - Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins
        > 4th - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
        >
        > Beans:
        > 1st - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
        > 2nd - Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins
        > 3rd - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
        > 4th - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
        >
        > Bread:
        > 1st - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
        > 2nd - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
        > 3rd - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
        > 4th - Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins
        >
        > Potatoes:
        > 1st - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
        > 2nd - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
        > 3rd - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
        > 4th Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins
        >
        > Dessert:
        > 1st - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
        > 2nd - Bar B Chuckwagon / Mark & Barb Wilkins
        > 3rd - Western Range Catering / Joe & Vicki Jones
        > 4th - Gummers Camp / Randy Hawkins
        >
        > Overall - Cowgirls Forever / Barb Kennedy
        >
        > Congratulations to all who participated !! Thank you to Danny Noland and the Pinal County Sheriffs Posse who hosted the event for all their effort & hard work.

      • Greg Kline
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
          Barb,
          I got tired just reading about your weekend. Congratulations.
          Greg (Front Range Chapter of IDOS)

        • John Frerichs
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
            Congratulations on the great job Mark!  I'll bet you are tired after all that!!

            John

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
              NAW ! Mark can cook seven daysin a row and be ready to go again after 8 hrs. sleep .............. !!!

              ________________________________

            • barb7513@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
                Who sleeps 8 hours anymore ?

                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
                  exactly what I meant ........................you Da Man , I want to be when I grow up .......................

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
                    Aint never gonna grow up

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
                      Just us old (b)witches.

                      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, barb7513@... wrote:

                      > Who sleeps 8 hours anymore ?
                      >
                      > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    • Bob Zukowski
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 2, 2012
                        Wow! That sounds more like a Marathon than a Little Cooking Exercise!
                        Job well done. Can't wait for you to publish your recipe book.
                        Nice job Wilkins Family!

                        Bob & Stacey Zukowski