Re: new Dutch oven starting in the Roanoke Va. area

  • Greg Kline
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2012
      Hey Black Pot Friends,
      Sounds like new chapters are rising out of the coals everywhere. I think
      this "art" is catching on.
      As Moose stated a couple of days ago, we're launching "The Front Range
      Chapter" in Colorado (paper work is in the mail)! We're having our first
      DOG this Saturday in Lovelnd at the outlet mall,
      in front of the Boy Scout Store, starting at noon.
      I may be stating the obvious, but I created a Facebook page for our group.
      Not sure how it's happened but in a week or so, we have blossomed to 27 who
      "like" our page. I'm thinkin' this is a good way
      to get the word out to your friends and your friends friends about your new
      chapters.
      Good Luck to ya'll.
      Greg

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 6, 2012
        What is your Facebook link?

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Greg Kline <ggkline@...> wrote:

        > Hey Black Pot Friends,
        > Sounds like new chapters are rising out of the coals everywhere. I think
        > this "art" is catching on.
        > As Moose stated a couple of days ago, we're launching "The Front Range
        > Chapter" in Colorado (paper work is in the mail)! We're having our first
        > DOG this Saturday in Lovelnd at the outlet mall,
        > in front of the Boy Scout Store, starting at noon.
        > I may be stating the obvious, but I created a Facebook page for our group.
        > Not sure how it's happened but in a week or so, we have blossomed to 27 who
        > "like" our page. I'm thinkin' this is a good way
        > to get the word out to your friends and your friends friends about your new
        > chapters.
        > Good Luck to ya'll.
        > Greg

      • Jeff Kidd
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 6, 2012
          Since there isn't a Dog here in NC, I would like invites to your Dogs. I
          might tek up to cook and eat.

          Jeff

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 6, 2012
            Here is a group in NC...  http://www.secamper.com/

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
              well now this sounds good to me!!
              I have a niece in nc i need to see from time to time , I think I will see you there!!
              Allen Austin

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
                Jeff what part on NC are you in? once the Richmond and Roanoke are up and running there will be pleanty of DOGS!!!!! Also there is a NC IDOS chapter and there is going to be a DOG at Mile High Campground at Cherokee NC. Which there be alot of people there from NC and TN and the surronding area.

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Allen Austin <awildlife@...> wrote:

                > well now this sounds good to me!!
                > I have a niece in nc i need to see from time to time , I think I will see you there!!
                > Allen Austin
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Rose Curran
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
                  Peter where is the nc chapter and do they have a website or contact info?

                  Rose
                  On Feb 7, 2012 1:32 PM, "peter" <hvac1877@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Jeff what part on NC are you in? once the Richmond and Roanoke are up and
                  > running there will be pleanty of DOGS!!!!! Also there is a NC IDOS chapter
                  > and there is going to be a DOG at Mile High Campground at Cherokee NC.
                  > Which there be alot of people there from NC and TN and the surronding area.
                  >
                  > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Allen Austin <awildlife@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > well now this sounds good to me!!
                  > > I have a niece in nc i need to see from time to time , I think I will
                  > see you there!!
                  > > Allen Austin
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • peter
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
                    here is the website for the NC IDOS Chapter http://www.secamper.com/

                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rose Curran <mystickjade@...> wrote:

                    > Peter where is the nc chapter and do they have a website or contact info?
                    >
                    > Rose
                    > On Feb 7, 2012 1:32 PM, "peter" <hvac1877@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > Jeff what part on NC are you in? once the Richmond and Roanoke are up and
                    > > running there will be pleanty of DOGS!!!!! Also there is a NC IDOS chapter
                    > > and there is going to be a DOG at Mile High Campground at Cherokee NC.
                    > > Which there be alot of people there from NC and TN and the surronding area.
                    > >
                    > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Allen Austin <awildlife@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > well now this sounds good to me!!
                    > > > I have a niece in nc i need to see from time to time , I think I will
                    > > see you there!!
                    > > > Allen Austin

                  • Jean
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 8, 2012
                      Looked more into the www.secamper.com. It's not based in NC, nor could I find any upcoming events in NC.

                      I attempted several years back to actually start a true NC group, with no response from any other folks in NC.

                      Jean in NC