Re: new Dutch oven starting in the Roanoke Va. area

  • peter
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2012
      Congrats Allen wish you all the best for you guys. We will be forming ours in the next few weeks here in Richmond!!!!!!!!!!!! We alrrady got a few people interested in doing demos!!!!

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Bill Shattuck <bill.shattuck@...> wrote:

      > Allen go for it. We're just getting a new chapter going in Northern Colorado. It's the Front Range Dutch Oven chapter and we're having a pre-DOG on Feb. 11th.
      >
      > Moosr
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Feb 4, 2012, at 7:27 PM, "Allen" <awildlife@...> wrote:
      >
      > > ok this is the time to stand up and be counted!!
      > > we are starting a new chapter in The Roanoke Va area we now have posters going up .Looking for a board of directors to move forward any body have any comments now would be the time!! thanks
      > > The Appalachian Dutch Oven

    • Greg Kline
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 5, 2012
        Hey Black Pot Friends,
        Sounds like new chapters are rising out of the coals everywhere. I think
        this "art" is catching on.
        As Moose stated a couple of days ago, we're launching "The Front Range
        Chapter" in Colorado (paper work is in the mail)! We're having our first
        DOG this Saturday in Lovelnd at the outlet mall,
        in front of the Boy Scout Store, starting at noon.
        I may be stating the obvious, but I created a Facebook page for our group.
        Not sure how it's happened but in a week or so, we have blossomed to 27 who
        "like" our page. I'm thinkin' this is a good way
        to get the word out to your friends and your friends friends about your new
        chapters.
        Good Luck to ya'll.
        Greg

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 6, 2012
          What is your Facebook link?

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Greg Kline <ggkline@...> wrote:

          > Hey Black Pot Friends,
          > Sounds like new chapters are rising out of the coals everywhere. I think
          > this "art" is catching on.
          > As Moose stated a couple of days ago, we're launching "The Front Range
          > Chapter" in Colorado (paper work is in the mail)! We're having our first
          > DOG this Saturday in Lovelnd at the outlet mall,
          > in front of the Boy Scout Store, starting at noon.
          > I may be stating the obvious, but I created a Facebook page for our group.
          > Not sure how it's happened but in a week or so, we have blossomed to 27 who
          > "like" our page. I'm thinkin' this is a good way
          > to get the word out to your friends and your friends friends about your new
          > chapters.
          > Good Luck to ya'll.
          > Greg

        • Jeff Kidd
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 6, 2012
            Since there isn't a Dog here in NC, I would like invites to your Dogs. I
            might tek up to cook and eat.

            Jeff

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 6, 2012
              Here is a group in NC...  http://www.secamper.com/

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
                well now this sounds good to me!!
                I have a niece in nc i need to see from time to time , I think I will see you there!!
                Allen Austin

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
                  Jeff what part on NC are you in? once the Richmond and Roanoke are up and running there will be pleanty of DOGS!!!!! Also there is a NC IDOS chapter and there is going to be a DOG at Mile High Campground at Cherokee NC. Which there be alot of people there from NC and TN and the surronding area.

                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Allen Austin <awildlife@...> wrote:

                  > well now this sounds good to me!!
                  > I have a niece in nc i need to see from time to time , I think I will see you there!!
                  > Allen Austin
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Rose Curran
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
                    Peter where is the nc chapter and do they have a website or contact info?

                    Rose
                    On Feb 7, 2012 1:32 PM, "peter" <hvac1877@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Jeff what part on NC are you in? once the Richmond and Roanoke are up and
                    > running there will be pleanty of DOGS!!!!! Also there is a NC IDOS chapter
                    > and there is going to be a DOG at Mile High Campground at Cherokee NC.
                    > Which there be alot of people there from NC and TN and the surronding area.
                    >
                    > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Allen Austin <awildlife@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > well now this sounds good to me!!
                    > > I have a niece in nc i need to see from time to time , I think I will
                    > see you there!!
                    > > Allen Austin
                    > >

                    > > ________________________________

                  • peter
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
                      here is the website for the NC IDOS Chapter http://www.secamper.com/

                      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rose Curran <mystickjade@...> wrote:

                      > Peter where is the nc chapter and do they have a website or contact info?
                      >
                      > Rose
                      > On Feb 7, 2012 1:32 PM, "peter" <hvac1877@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > Jeff what part on NC are you in? once the Richmond and Roanoke are up and
                      > > running there will be pleanty of DOGS!!!!! Also there is a NC IDOS chapter
                      > > and there is going to be a DOG at Mile High Campground at Cherokee NC.
                      > > Which there be alot of people there from NC and TN and the surronding area.
                      > >
                      > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Allen Austin <awildlife@>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > well now this sounds good to me!!
                      > > > I have a niece in nc i need to see from time to time , I think I will
                      > > see you there!!
                      > > > Allen Austin

                    • Jean
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 8, 2012
                        Looked more into the www.secamper.com. It's not based in NC, nor could I find any upcoming events in NC.

                        I attempted several years back to actually start a true NC group, with no response from any other folks in NC.

                        Jean in NC