Re: You never know who you'll meet

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hey Gary! You need to post a photo of yourself on here. I have only met you once and cannot remember what ya look like either. Or attend the Next National DOG for another eyeball.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
        How neat is that!? Hope you had a good visit. And Happy New Year! Ronda

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "ggwilkins" <ggwilkins@...> wrote:

        > While cooking in the chuckwagon cookoff at the Arizona National Livestock Show we were being asked a lot of questions by one guy and his wife. When he found out he was talking to Mark and Gary Wilkins it was like old home week. It was Bob Zukowski a member of this group from Michigan.
        > Gary
        > Its a small world.

      • Bob Zukowski
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
          Hello Mark and friends! Nice job on the TV interview. Stacey and I made it safely home to a cold Michigan. We had a great time in Arizona. We met some of the nicest people ever. Can't wait to do it again! We wish everyone a Happy New Year!

          PS. I want your Ranchero Recipe!!!

          Bob & Stacey Zukowski
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
            It was great to meet you Bob! Thanks for coming out to see us - wish we could have spent more time chatting. We did pretty well with a 1st in Meat, a tie for 2nd in Beans, and a 3rd in Potato, with 3rd Overall. Here is the tallies:
            Congratulations to all who participated in the 2011 Arizona National Livestock Show Chuckwagon Cookoff. Here are the results overall, and for each category:

            Team, Owner, Total Points:
            Biscuit Flats, Dave McDowell, 203
            Rocking RR, Russ & Susan Richins, 199
            Bar B, Mark & Barb Wilkins, 198
            Canon Family, Bopper & Robin Canon, 195
            Black Powder Grub, Jo & Vern Byers, 195
            Cowgirls Forever, Barb Kennedy, 188
            AZ Sharpshooters, Steve & Carolyn Rhoades, 183
            Manflo, Bryan & Karen Jones, 183
            Gummers Camp, Randy Hawkins, 178
            Western Range, Joe Jones, 173

            MEAT:
            Bar B 42
            Manflo 41
            Cowgirls 41
            Joe Jones 40
            Black Powder 40
            Biscuit Flats 40
            Gummers 37
            Canon 36
            AZ Sharpshooters 33
            Rocking RR 33

            BEANS:
            Gummers 47
            AZ Sharpshooters 47
            Bar B 42
            Canon 42
            Manflo 41
            Black Powder 41
            Rocking RR 41
            Joe Jones 39
            Cowgirls 39
            Biscuit Flats 37

            BREAD:
            Biscuit Flats 52
            AZ Sharpshooters 49
            Rocking RR 46
            Manflo 45
            Black Powder 45
            Bar B 43
            Cowgirls 42
            Canon 42
            Joe Jones 36
            Gummer 23

            POTATO:
            Cowgirls 44
            Biscuit Flats 41
            Bar B 40
            Gummers 39
            Rocking RR 36
            Black Powder 35
            Canon 32
            Manflo 29
            Joe Jones 29
            AZ Sharpshooters 28

            Dessert:
            Canon 43
            Rocking RR 43
            Black Powder 34
            Biscuit Flats 33
            Gummers 32
            Bar B 31
            Joe Jones 29
            Manflo 27
            AZ Sharp Shooters 26
            Cowgirls 22

            Wagon Judging:
            Ranch Wagon: Cowgirls Forever
            Trail Wagon: Rocking RR
            Charlie Goodnight Award: Black Powder Grub

            Hello Mark and friends! Nice job on the TV interview. Stacey and I made it safely home to a cold Michigan. We had a great time in Arizona. We met some of the nicest people ever. Can't wait to do it again! We wish everyone a Happy New Year!

            PS. I want your Ranchero Recipe!!!

            Bob & Stacey Zukowski

          • fran_lg
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
              How much did Bob "freak out" when he found out it was talking to the notorious Wilkins boys???

              Fran L-G
              Cleveland OH
              Happy New Year!

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                PS. I want your Ranchero Recipe!!!

                ME TOO!

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                  http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/huevos_rancheros/

                  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/huevos-rancheros-recipe/index.html

                  I found these on line.

                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Zukowski" <bob.zukowski@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Mark and friends! Nice job on the TV interview. Stacey and I made it safely home to a cold Michigan. We had a great time in Arizona. We met some of the nicest people ever. Can't wait to do it again! We wish everyone a Happy New Year!
                  >
                  > PS. I want your Ranchero Recipe!!!
                  >
                  > Bob & Stacey Zukowski

                • Barb7513
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                    Neither one is the recipe I use. This is our recipe for:

                    Bunkhouse Huevos Rancheros

                    2 lb. Hot bulk sausage
                    1 lg. can enchilada sauce (use the hot-don't be wimpy with mild)
                    1 dozen corn tortillas, torn into 2" chunks
                    2 cans diced green chilies (7 oz. each)
                    1 can refried beans (15 oz.)
                    2 cups shredded Cheddar or Longhorn cheese
                    1 small onion, diced
                    2 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
                    1 dozen eggs
                    Jalapeno peppers (use a 4 oz. can - great addition!!)

                    Fry sausage, and crumble. Add onions and saute for a couple minutes. Scoop into mixing bowl and add green chilies, diced jalapenos, refried beans, and some of the cheese. In a 12 inch Dutch oven, pour enough enchilada sauce to just cover the bottom. Build layers of tortillas, Ortega chilies, bacon, cheese, onion and tomatoes; about 3 layers. Pour some enchilada sauce between layers. Pour rest of enchilada sauce over top, ending up with the tortillas, a little cheese, & sauce. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove lid. Break the eggs on top so all the yolks are showing. Put lid on Dutch oven and bake until egg whites are done, usually about 10 minutes. If you like hot food, can sprinkle additional jalapeno peppers throughout layers.

                    Serves 9 to 12

                    Mark "Dutch" Wilkins
                    Wittmann, AZ.
                    Bar B Chuckwagon

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                      He got pretty excited, but then Gary walked up.....ROFL !! We were right in the midst of cooking in the competition so couldnt take a lot of time to chat, but did get a moment, along with a quick pic snap. Great to meet them and spend a moment together. I should a put him to work cooking !!

                      Mark

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                        Gary is easy to recognize...............he's the one with the mustard bottle in his pocket........................

                        Mark

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                          Sounds good! I like the idea of tearing up the corn tortillas. Sure would beat having to use a knife to cut them up while eating breakfast! Thanks for another good recipe! Ronda

                        • barb7513@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                            Extra cheese for you, my friend ! LOL !

                            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                              I'll pass, thanks any way!
                              You think I'm kidding about cheese!! Yesterday we joined some family to watch the Chiefs game and I was helping with clean up before we left. Granted, my stomach is still a little weak from being sick last week, but when it came time to clean up the bowl the cheese dip was in, I had to turn the job over to my sister. Even now, writing about it, makes me a little sick to my stomach! Ronda