You never know who you'll meet

  • ggwilkins
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2011
      While cooking in the chuckwagon cookoff at the Arizona National Livestock Show we were being asked a lot of questions by one guy and his wife. When he found out he was talking to Mark and Gary Wilkins it was like old home week. It was Bob Zukowski a member of this group from Michigan.
      Gary
      Its a small world.
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
        Hey Gary! You need to post a photo of yourself on here. I have only met you once and cannot remember what ya look like either. Or attend the Next National DOG for another eyeball.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
          How neat is that!? Hope you had a good visit. And Happy New Year! Ronda

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "ggwilkins" <ggwilkins@...> wrote:

          > While cooking in the chuckwagon cookoff at the Arizona National Livestock Show we were being asked a lot of questions by one guy and his wife. When he found out he was talking to Mark and Gary Wilkins it was like old home week. It was Bob Zukowski a member of this group from Michigan.
          > Gary
          > Its a small world.

        • Bob Zukowski
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
            Hello Mark and friends! Nice job on the TV interview. Stacey and I made it safely home to a cold Michigan. We had a great time in Arizona. We met some of the nicest people ever. Can't wait to do it again! We wish everyone a Happy New Year!

            PS. I want your Ranchero Recipe!!!

            Bob & Stacey Zukowski
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
              It was great to meet you Bob! Thanks for coming out to see us - wish we could have spent more time chatting. We did pretty well with a 1st in Meat, a tie for 2nd in Beans, and a 3rd in Potato, with 3rd Overall. Here is the tallies:
              Congratulations to all who participated in the 2011 Arizona National Livestock Show Chuckwagon Cookoff. Here are the results overall, and for each category:

              Team, Owner, Total Points:
              Biscuit Flats, Dave McDowell, 203
              Rocking RR, Russ & Susan Richins, 199
              Bar B, Mark & Barb Wilkins, 198
              Canon Family, Bopper & Robin Canon, 195
              Black Powder Grub, Jo & Vern Byers, 195
              Cowgirls Forever, Barb Kennedy, 188
              AZ Sharpshooters, Steve & Carolyn Rhoades, 183
              Manflo, Bryan & Karen Jones, 183
              Gummers Camp, Randy Hawkins, 178
              Western Range, Joe Jones, 173

              MEAT:
              Bar B 42
              Manflo 41
              Cowgirls 41
              Joe Jones 40
              Black Powder 40
              Biscuit Flats 40
              Gummers 37
              Canon 36
              AZ Sharpshooters 33
              Rocking RR 33

              BEANS:
              Gummers 47
              AZ Sharpshooters 47
              Bar B 42
              Canon 42
              Manflo 41
              Black Powder 41
              Rocking RR 41
              Joe Jones 39
              Cowgirls 39
              Biscuit Flats 37

              BREAD:
              Biscuit Flats 52
              AZ Sharpshooters 49
              Rocking RR 46
              Manflo 45
              Black Powder 45
              Bar B 43
              Cowgirls 42
              Canon 42
              Joe Jones 36
              Gummer 23

              POTATO:
              Cowgirls 44
              Biscuit Flats 41
              Bar B 40
              Gummers 39
              Rocking RR 36
              Black Powder 35
              Canon 32
              Manflo 29
              Joe Jones 29
              AZ Sharpshooters 28

              Dessert:
              Canon 43
              Rocking RR 43
              Black Powder 34
              Biscuit Flats 33
              Gummers 32
              Bar B 31
              Joe Jones 29
              Manflo 27
              AZ Sharp Shooters 26
              Cowgirls 22

              Wagon Judging:
              Ranch Wagon: Cowgirls Forever
              Trail Wagon: Rocking RR
              Charlie Goodnight Award: Black Powder Grub

              Hello Mark and friends! Nice job on the TV interview. Stacey and I made it safely home to a cold Michigan. We had a great time in Arizona. We met some of the nicest people ever. Can't wait to do it again! We wish everyone a Happy New Year!

              PS. I want your Ranchero Recipe!!!

              Bob & Stacey Zukowski

            • fran_lg
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
                How much did Bob "freak out" when he found out it was talking to the notorious Wilkins boys???

                Fran L-G
                Cleveland OH
                Happy New Year!

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                  PS. I want your Ranchero Recipe!!!

                  ME TOO!

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/huevos_rancheros/

                    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/huevos-rancheros-recipe/index.html

                    I found these on line.

                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Zukowski" <bob.zukowski@...> wrote:

                    > Hello Mark and friends! Nice job on the TV interview. Stacey and I made it safely home to a cold Michigan. We had a great time in Arizona. We met some of the nicest people ever. Can't wait to do it again! We wish everyone a Happy New Year!
                    >
                    > PS. I want your Ranchero Recipe!!!
                    >
                    > Bob & Stacey Zukowski

                  • Barb7513
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                      Neither one is the recipe I use. This is our recipe for:

                      Bunkhouse Huevos Rancheros

                      2 lb. Hot bulk sausage
                      1 lg. can enchilada sauce (use the hot-don't be wimpy with mild)
                      1 dozen corn tortillas, torn into 2" chunks
                      2 cans diced green chilies (7 oz. each)
                      1 can refried beans (15 oz.)
                      2 cups shredded Cheddar or Longhorn cheese
                      1 small onion, diced
                      2 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
                      1 dozen eggs
                      Jalapeno peppers (use a 4 oz. can - great addition!!)

                      Fry sausage, and crumble. Add onions and saute for a couple minutes. Scoop into mixing bowl and add green chilies, diced jalapenos, refried beans, and some of the cheese. In a 12 inch Dutch oven, pour enough enchilada sauce to just cover the bottom. Build layers of tortillas, Ortega chilies, bacon, cheese, onion and tomatoes; about 3 layers. Pour some enchilada sauce between layers. Pour rest of enchilada sauce over top, ending up with the tortillas, a little cheese, & sauce. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove lid. Break the eggs on top so all the yolks are showing. Put lid on Dutch oven and bake until egg whites are done, usually about 10 minutes. If you like hot food, can sprinkle additional jalapeno peppers throughout layers.

                      Serves 9 to 12

                      Mark "Dutch" Wilkins
                      Wittmann, AZ.
                      Bar B Chuckwagon

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                        He got pretty excited, but then Gary walked up.....ROFL !! We were right in the midst of cooking in the competition so couldnt take a lot of time to chat, but did get a moment, along with a quick pic snap. Great to meet them and spend a moment together. I should a put him to work cooking !!

                        Mark

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                          Gary is easy to recognize...............he's the one with the mustard bottle in his pocket........................

                          Mark

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                            Sounds good! I like the idea of tearing up the corn tortillas. Sure would beat having to use a knife to cut them up while eating breakfast! Thanks for another good recipe! Ronda

                          • barb7513@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                              Extra cheese for you, my friend ! LOL !

                              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 2, 2012
                                I'll pass, thanks any way!
                                You think I'm kidding about cheese!! Yesterday we joined some family to watch the Chiefs game and I was helping with clean up before we left. Granted, my stomach is still a little weak from being sick last week, but when it came time to clean up the bowl the cheese dip was in, I had to turn the job over to my sister. Even now, writing about it, makes me a little sick to my stomach! Ronda