Re: Care and Feeding of sourdough starte

  • CaptMidnight1943
    Message 1 of 3003 , Oct 31, 2000
      Hi Mel!<br><br>Your right, a sourdough starter
      should never be stored in metal, it should be stored in
      glass or a crock.<br><br>Sourdough starter, unlike
      regular bread yeast, is slightly acidic.<br><br>A quart
      Mason jar works well, or, if your lucky you can run
      across a small crock sometime at flea markets. I bought
      a new, real neat, old time sourddough crock from
      King Arthur Flour company about 6 years ago. It's
      about a quart and had a crockery lid-works real good
      and doesn't take to much room up in the ice
      box.<br><br>Cap
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7, 2011