Sold Out - Special Offer Texas Dutch Oven and Skillet

  • LeslieL
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
      Hello Dutch Oven Friends!

      We sold our last Texas Dutch Oven today and wanted to thank everyone who supported this special offer. We sold 75 DOs and 36 skillets in less than two months. Not bad!!!

      HUGE and heart-filled thanks to Dave Beeman Fox for making this project happen!

      Hope to see you all soon. Until then, keep 'em hot!

      Steve and Leslie
      Hosts 2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering
      Canton, Texas
      October 19-21

      Join us on Facebook!
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/2012-National-Dutch-Oven-Gathering/175244542517849
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
        Way to go Leslie! Hoped our contribution helped fund the 2012 National Dog. I didn't need another oven, but I didn't have one with a Texas lid, so what can I say?
        Anyone want to buy a 12" regular Lodge? Ronda - trying to recoup my losses

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "LeslieL" <lalovett@...> wrote:

        > Hello Dutch Oven Friends!
        >
        > We sold our last Texas Dutch Oven today and wanted to thank everyone who supported this special offer. We sold 75 DOs and 36 skillets in less than two months. Not bad!!!
        >
        > HUGE and heart-filled thanks to Dave Beeman Fox for making this project happen!
        >
        > Hope to see you all soon. Until then, keep 'em hot!
        >
        > Steve and Leslie
        > Hosts 2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering
        > Canton, Texas
        > October 19-21
        >
        > Join us on Facebook!
        > https://www.facebook.com/pages/2012-National-Dutch-Oven-Gathering/175244542517849

      • sami dahdal
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
          Hi Leslie,
          How you doing, Congratulation of selling all the Dutch Ovens and Skillets ,
          by the way are you planing to make more and you only made 75 ovens and 36
          skilletts why not more skilletts ?.
          Regards
          Sami

          On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM, LeslieL <lalovett@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hello Dutch Oven Friends!
          >
          > We sold our last Texas Dutch Oven today and wanted to thank everyone who
          > supported this special offer. We sold 75 DOs and 36 skillets in less than
          > two months. Not bad!!!
          >
          > HUGE and heart-filled thanks to Dave Beeman Fox for making this project
          > happen!
          >
          > Hope to see you all soon. Until then, keep 'em hot!
          >
          > Steve and Leslie
          > Hosts 2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering
          > Canton, Texas
          > October 19-21
          >
          > Join us on Facebook!
          >
          > https://www.facebook.com/pages/2012-National-Dutch-Oven-Gathering/175244542517849

        • omar alvarez
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
            Sometimes it is best to make a Limited amount , so the items will actually be worth more in the future............

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
              I agreed with you Omar.

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
                Sami  & all ,
                  Look at what Dian has available for the 2012 IDOS WCCO , these will be collectibles.....................

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
                  Where you want me to look ?.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
                    The link doesn't jump out at me Omar.  Help please?

                    randy bear

                    From: sami dahdal <samsironworks@...>

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
                      check the facebook idos page

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
                        I have asked Ranes to post pics of the 2012 collectibles to the Yahoo site.................

                        ________________________________
                        >  Look at what Dian has available for the 2012 IDOS WCCO , these will be
                        > collectibles.....................
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • Leslie Lovett
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
                          Hi Sami!
                          To clarify, we didn't have these DOs and Skillets made for the 2012 National DOG.  We were fortunate that Dave Fox heard about them and knew how to help us order big batches so that we could sell them as a fund raiser to support the 2012 NDOG in Canton.  The skillet and dutch oven are available at retail prices online http://www.campchef.com/12-seasoned-texas-skillet.html and http://www.campchef.com/classic-12-dutch-oven-texas.html plus shipping costs.  I don't know how many remain in Camp Chef's inventory.
                          Your question about why we ordered 36 skillets is a good one.  We just didn't know that the skillets would be so popular!  Lesson learned!  The "package deal" for both really suprised us.

                          Dave Fox will help in case I get this mixed up, but I understand that Camp Chef made 500 of these commemorative Texas DOs and Skillets.  We don't know if Camp Chef will make another batch of 500 and we won't know if we will run another "special" deal as a fund raiser for the 2012 NDOG.  If we do, it will be after January 2012, so stay tuned!
                          :)  Leslie
                          2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering is on Facebook!  Join us!

                          How you doing, Congratulation of selling all the Dutch Ovens and Skillets ,
                          by the way are you planing to make more and you only made 75 ovens and 36
                          skilletts why not more skilletts ?.
                          Regards
                          Sami

                          On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM, LeslieL <lalovett@...> wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > Hello Dutch Oven Friends!
                          >
                          > We sold our last Texas Dutch Oven today and wanted to thank everyone who
                          > supported this special offer. We sold 75 DOs and 36 skillets in less than
                          > two months. Not bad!!!
                          >
                          > HUGE and heart-filled thanks to Dave Beeman Fox for making this project
                          > happen!
                          >
                          > Hope to see you all soon. Until then, keep 'em hot!
                          >
                          > Steve and Leslie
                          > Hosts 2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering
                          > Canton, Texas
                          > October 19-21
                          >
                          > Join us on Facebook!
                          >
                          > https://www.facebook.com/pages/2012-National-Dutch-Oven-Gathering/175244542517849

                        • beeman
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 4, 2011
                            You said it all right, Leslie. You and Steve did a great job selling these, by the way, and generating a little quick cash for putting on the 2012 National DOG. I am very excited about attending it in October 2012, and I am getting some special things ready now, for the event. See eeverybody there!!
                            Dave Fox

                          • BSAT80ASM@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 4, 2011
                              Leslie

                              I never got a shipping price on the DO & Skillet.
                              If more are ordered please advise total price with shipping.

                              Ken
                              The Other Ken

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 4, 2011
                                I can't say for sure, but it was going to be delivered to the buyer at the 2012 NDOG.

                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 4, 2011
                                  Dave, you are correct.  The original flyer states that the ovens can be picked up at the NDOG or by making arrangements for personal delivery or for shipping.  For this special offer, we were able to deliver all but one in person, thanks to the strong network of friends who meet for DOGs and helped deliver the ovens/skillets across the mid-west and south.
                                  We can't state the cost of shipping without a mailing address as the cost of shipping will vary depending on the distance the package has to travel.
                                  If we do order more, we will send out an announcement to this group with details, probably in January 2012.
                                  Leslie