Was Sizing Down due to health reasons, now DO bags/boxes

  • Jimmie Toney
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2011
      Ronda

      Are you trying to tell me that since I live in Kansas I had better start looking at bags for storage rather that make some fancy boxes that I have been thinking about? I never once gave our humidity a thought when it came to DOs. Very new to DOs so need all the help I can get.

      Jimmie

      Here in Kansas it's the worry about humidity. I did do what you suggest on bagged ovens that we kept in the shop. But the ones in the RV, I guess I was worried about them sliding around, so I put the lids on the DO, just put the sock & charcoal inside, with the long end of the sock hanging over. Ronda

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2011
        Where in Kansas are you? This damned humidity we have in SE Kansas makes a heck of a difference, I'm telling you! We're in SE Kansas. The boxes are ok too, just make sure you have holes for air flow. We keep the bags in the RV. Are you close enough to come to the gathering over by Wichita in October? Ronda

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2011
          Ronda

          I live 60 miles south of Wichita. Yes, I am planning on being at the DOG later this month. I may not get there until either late Friday night or early Saturday morning. I am planning on joining the Southern Kansas Dutch Oven Wranglers that weekend.

          Jimmie

          From: rlb_51
          Receiver: dutchovencooking
          Time: 2011-10-02, 20:15:57