Dutch Oven Gatherings in Kansas & Oklahoma in August

  • Dawn Mills
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2011
      Hi Friends,
      It may be hot in Kansas and Oklahoma, but that won't keep us from cooking.
      Included is information from the Souther Kansas Dutch Oven Wranglers about their
      next DOG and from the Heartland of the Prairie.  Hope to see you at one or both
      of them.  Remember, all skill levels are welcome.  Guests who are new to Dutch
      Ovens and want to come watch and ask questions are invited.  No cooking
      necessary for the first 3 visits.   Please bring lawn chairs.

                                      Southern KansasDutch Oven Wranglers
      August DOG Info

      Our next DOG will be Sunday, August 7, 2011
      Hosted by:  Little Town Cookers – Everett & Loretta Donham

      LakeAftonPark
      Shelter 4
      (Park is located on W. MacArthur Roadand 263rd Street West)

      Due to the heat we will be cooking a little later

      Coals ready at 4:00 p.m. dinner around  6:30 p.m.

      We do have the shelter for the entire day
      Come out early and bring your favorite
      games (horse shoes, washers, etc)
      or
      bring the kids and take them fishing and/or swimming

       This is the same location as our last DOG.
      Invite a friend to come and enjoy our food and fellowship.

      Hope to see everyone there!
      Click on the link below for more information about LakeAfton
      http://www.sedgwickcounty.org/lake_afton/

      Heartland of the Prairie Dutch Oven Gathering
      August 21st
      Coals ready at 3:00, eat at 6:00
      Hosts are Roy and Jo Neal
      98 Prospect Road
      Ponca City, Oklahoma
      (go east on Highway 60, across the river bridge,
      turn left at the road just past the Double N Motel.
      98 Prospect is the 2nd house on the right.)
        Hosts will  provide charcoal, drinks, and papergoods.
      Please bring lawn chairs.
      Call Dawn at 580.362.5188 for more information.