MACA DUTCH OVENS

  • THOMAS MORELAND
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      I am thinking about buying a 13" MACA DO. I don't need it, but I would like to have one anyway. I use only my 10" and 12" Lodge DOs which are plenty big enough for the two of us--but, you know, you just have to have more. I am kinda debating between the 12" deep (of course cheaper) or the 13" MACA.

      Anyway, would those of you that own a MACA advise me as to the quality of the DO and are you happy with it. Thanks

      Toochie M

    • "BISCUIT" <n5hbb@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
        If you are looking for a DEEP OVEN? Lodge makes a 14 inch Deep also.
        I have cooked two chickens in my 14 deep. I also like the 12 too. It
        is good to make big pots of soups and stews. We put it in the
        freezer.The soups and stews!

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "THOMAS MORELAND"

      • Brenda <gspiglet@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
          Thomas~

          I won a 13 inch at the AZ DOG last October. Not familar with MACA
          Ovens prior to winning the 13 inch, I probably would not have bought
          one. But I have to say, I love the pot. I like the shape of the
          pot for cooking soups, stews and chili. It's taller and more narrow
          than a Lodge. (look in Brenda's pictures. I had just seasoned the
          pot and cooked a pot of chili)

          I found it hard to season, but once I got it there, it is a great
          pot.

          The pot is a lot heavier. I contacted MACA regarding a carrying bag
          back in November. At that time, they had no plans to offer them.

          MACA offers you the choice to personalize your oven, which is nice
          if you plan to hand it down to a family member.

          Brenda
          Southern Ca

          <janeragel@m...> wrote:
          > I am thinking about buying a 13" MACA DO. I don't need it, but I
          would like to have one anyway. I use only my 10" and 12" Lodge DOs
          which are plenty big enough for the two of us--but, you know, you
          just have to have more. I am kinda debating between the 12" deep
          (of course cheaper) or the 13" MACA.

          > Anyway, would those of you that own a MACA advise me as to the
          quality of the DO and are you happy with it. Thanks

          > Toochie M

        • Steve Lanborn
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
            I have owned a 17" Maca for fifteen years. They are absolutely great. They are constructed with thick walls which help distribute and hold the heat and keep things from burning. I have had a 15" for about a year now and throughly enjoy it too. Each has their own place. The large deep Maca ovens are great for large group cooking or large cuts of meat. All the rest of my ovens are Lodge and I use them the most.
            Max Fisher, Redlands California
            THOMAS MORELAND <janeragel@...> wrote:I am thinking about buying a 13" MACA DO. I don't need it, but I would like to have one anyway. I use only my 10" and 12" Lodge DOs which are plenty big enough for the two of us--but, you know, you just have to have more. I am kinda debating between the 12" deep (of course cheaper) or the 13" MACA.

            Anyway, would those of you that own a MACA advise me as to the quality of the DO and are you happy with it. Thanks

            Toochie M

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT