2011 National DOG Cookbook Volunteer?

  • Tom X
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
      When I was CC for T96, I pushed for a campout with judges cooking. One of the requirements was to provide a recipe. It became a small troop cookbook, but the new SM and committee did not continue. Judged. Campouts and Cookin' Camporees are a great way to compile recipes. We have an excellent vehicle at this DOG. I am volunteering to coordinate the 2011 National DOG cookbook if it is not being done.

      On Sun Jul 3rd, 2011 8:17 AM EDT rob wrote:

      >Biscuit,
      >
      >Me? Have recipes in a cookbook? I'm not sure if that will ever happen. LOL Our troops motto is "When is brown, it's cookin'. When it's black, it's done". I'm not sure if many people would buy a cookbook entitled that. LOL Who are the memebers? Would love to try those recipes.
      >
      >Scouter Rob
      >
      >--- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mississippi_biscuit" <n5hbb@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Rob,
      >> Do you have any recipes in this cookbook? We had one or two of our members that did. I cannot remember who they were. I have em highlighted in my book.
      >>
      >> Biscuit
      >>
      >> --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "rob" <tlr123us@> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > After more than 20 years of involvement in Boy Scouts, I finally picked up "The Scout's Outdoor Cookbook". What a totally awesome cookbook. Different catagories and skill levels and all recipes are donated by scouts & scouters. Great investment for anyone looking for guidance and direction. (Like Me) LOL
      >> >
      >> > The Boy Scout troop I am involved with is starting an event this year based on 3 challenges and one of them is Dutch Oven Cooking. We are asking the troops in attendance to submit a recipe card for each of their entries. After a few years, we plan on creating a cookbook of all these recipes and selling it as a fundraiser for the event. Stay tuned for more details on that.
      >> >
      >> > Looking forward to meeting all of you at the National DOG.
      >> > T-Minus 4 days, 22 hours and 25 minutes till we depart for the Wooster.
      >> >

      >> > Scouter Rob

    • rob
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
        That's cool Tom. Our troop is starting our event this year but already have 6 troops signed up for next year and they aren't the ones attending in August. I am sure our event will grow by leaps and bounds as part of the problem with scouting seems to be we have gotten away from the roots. Camping, cooking, fire building, knot tying, orienteering, etc...... have all gone by the wayside for easier and quicker things. That's why we started our event. It's basic scout skills. And believe me, I need basic. LOL

        A 2011 National DOG Cookbook! Sounds like a great idea.

        Scouter Rob

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Tom X <dome526@...> wrote:

        > When I was CC for T96, I pushed for a campout with judges cooking. One of the requirements was to provide a recipe. It became a small troop cookbook, but the new SM and committee did not continue. Judged. Campouts and Cookin' Camporees are a great way to compile recipes. We have an excellent vehicle at this DOG. I am volunteering to coordinate the 2011 National DOG cookbook if it is not being done.
        >
        > On Sun Jul 3rd, 2011 8:17 AM EDT rob wrote:
        >
        > >Biscuit,
        > >
        > >Me? Have recipes in a cookbook? I'm not sure if that will ever happen. LOL Our troops motto is "When is brown, it's cookin'. When it's black, it's done". I'm not sure if many people would buy a cookbook entitled that. LOL Who are the memebers? Would love to try those recipes.
        > >
        > >Scouter Rob
        > >
        > >--- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mississippi_biscuit" <n5hbb@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> Rob,
        > >> Do you have any recipes in this cookbook? We had one or two of our members that did. I cannot remember who they were. I have em highlighted in my book.
        > >>
        > >> Biscuit

      • Greg Jacobs
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
          Hi Tom,
          That's a great idea!! I am for it, I'll give you a few recipes for your cook book.
          I'll make copies and bring them along with me.
          Greg

        • dutchovencookie@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
            If you ask participants to email you the recipes it will save a lot of
            retyping. Cut and paste is a wonderful time saver. A cookbook like this would
            be a great memento of the event for those who attended and a way for the
            ones of us who cannot attend to share your experiences.

            Kathie

            In a message dated 7/3/2011 12:03:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
            gkjacobs2001@... writes:

            Hi Tom,
            That's a great idea!! I am for it, I'll give you a few recipes for your
            cook book.
            I'll make copies and bring them along with me.
            Greg

          • Ken
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
              Tom, we have provided file space in the past for people to post their recipes. I have created a new file titled 2011 National DOG Recipes as a place for cooks who wish to post their recipes. If this makes it easier for you, please use it.

              Ken

              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Tom X <dome526@...> wrote:

              > When I was CC for T96, I pushed for a campout with judges cooking. One of the requirements was to provide a recipe. It became a small troop cookbook, but the new SM and committee did not continue. Judged. Campouts and Cookin' Camporees are a great way to compile recipes. We have an excellent vehicle at this DOG. I am volunteering to coordinate the 2011 National DOG cookbook if it is not being done.
              >
              > On Sun Jul 3rd, 2011 8:17 AM EDT rob wrote:
              >
              > >Biscuit,
              > >
              > >Me? Have recipes in a cookbook? I'm not sure if that will ever happen. LOL Our troops motto is "When is brown, it's cookin'. When it's black, it's done". I'm not sure if many people would buy a cookbook entitled that. LOL Who are the memebers? Would love to try those recipes.
              > >
              > >Scouter Rob
              > >
              > >--- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mississippi_biscuit" <n5hbb@> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> Rob,
              > >> Do you have any recipes in this cookbook? We had one or two of our members that did. I cannot remember who they were. I have em highlighted in my book.
              > >>
              > >> Biscuit

            • Tom X
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
                No need to reinvent the wheel! Sounds like a great way to post recipes.