To Our Newer Members

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
      For those of you who are newer members to the group, the dreaded 'foil' debates happen about once a year. No one ever changes any one else's mind about foil.

      The important thing is that You cook the way You want to cook.

      Ken
    • JULIE JORDAN
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
        SO TRUE!  It's like everyone has to get it out of their system! LOL  Have a safe summer of cookin' up some great food folks!  Our SoCal Chapter is going to be busy.  We're having our camping weekend Mountain DOG at the end of June.  In July we are participating in Camp Pendleton's Military Picnic and in Doheny Beach's Surf-A-Rama. Good time, awesome people,  and hoping for GREAT weather.  Yours, Julie Jordan from San Berdoo

      • dutchovencookie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
          I think there is a time and place for everything and it's up to each of us
          to decide when that is. For some, it's never the time for foil, for
          others, we balance the issue of "seasoning" and "saving time" when we decide.
          Notice I said, "we". I'd rather not use foil but I'm not above it when I have
          a reason.

          I, personally, love the discussion. I can learn from everyone without
          having to experience the problems. I'm getting back to dutch oven cooking
          after 30 years. At first, I did a lot of things wrong and then remembered
          what I should have done. By reading all the posts, I'm reminded before I make
          the mistakes.

          Kathie