Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: The historical truth about foil......................

  • DutchOvenDave@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      Mark,

      I agree with you 100%. This was one of the questions that I was asked at
      a seminar I did this past weekend at Lehman's in Kidron Ohio. There is
      also a great deal of satisfaction in finishing cooking a meal (without foil)
      and having the pots so easy to clean because you cooked it properly and have
      mastered the use of the temperature in preparing your meal.
      Also the Mormons probably would not have used foil if it were available
      because they were limited on the pounds of stuff they could take with them and
      the use of foil is not relying on being self sufficient. At very best it
      is being indulgent. Lets see, foil to cook with or this nice heavy warm
      winter coat.....ugh, I think I will take the coat and cook in my Dutch oven
      without foil.

      Dave

      In a message dated 5/31/2011 11:54:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      barb7513@... writes:

      I have even taken a new oven out of the box and had students make a very
      moist
      Triple Chocolate Cake in it, and let them see for themselves how it can be
      non-stick surface at the end when the cake falls right out when flipped
      over.
      Then a few wipes of a paper towel & water, and its ready to use again.

      Mark

      ________________________________
      From: Wally Dennis <_wally.dennis@..._
      (mailto:wally.dennis@...) >
      From: Mark & Barbara Wilkins <_barb7513@..._
      From: _rlb_51@..._ (mailto:rlb_51@...)
      Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 03:17:32 +0000
      Subject: [dutchovencooking] Re: First - Mark she used the F word!!

      I dang near left this group about, I don't know, 7 years ago? Because Mark
      gave
      me so much crap about using foil. It's a joke now. Sort of. Ronda

      --- In _dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com_