Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Aluminum DO's

  • david ball
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2003
      Another resource for aluminum do is http://www.riverraiders.com
      I have had excellent experience with Wyoming RiverRaiders for my outfitting business. Go to the camping section.
      David
      http://www.riverjourneys.org

    • jeduke43
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2003
        I have a set of the Scott Aluminum DO's and they cook very well.
        They do heat up faster and they do cool down faster. The workmanship
        in my set is good.
        You can go to http://www.lsdos.com/AluminumFrame1Source1.htm and
        find a more complete article about cooking in these ovens.
        Joe

      • ez2endo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2003
          In a message dated 2/4/2003 5:19:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

          > I have a set of the Scott Aluminum DO's and they cook very well.
          > They do heat up faster and they do cool down faster. The workmanship
          > in my set is good.

          How do they compare with the other brands of oven's?
          I want to get one now and am undesided as to which one to concider.

        • John Foster <jfoster@dcsd.org>
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2003
            Then wait. I just talked to MACA today and they just received their
            first batch of aluminum Dutch ovens which they expect to sell (this
            part is unbelievable but this is what he said) they expect to sell them
            at the same price as their iron ones which if they do would be a
            FANTASTIC bargain! I expect to go out Saturday and see them and I'll
            report back.

            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, ez2endo@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 2/4/2003 5:19:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            > no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
            >
            > > I have a set of the Scott Aluminum DO's and they cook very well.
            > > They do heat up faster and they do cool down faster. The workmanship
            > > in my set is good.
            > >

            > How do they compare with the other brands of oven's?
            > I want to get one now and am undesided as to which one to concider.

          • Neal Anderson
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2003
              As I write this email, I'm cooking lasagna outside in a MACA 13" aluminum dutch oven. The oven that I'm using is one of the first batch that we tested, and works really well. Just like it's been mentioned, you have to watch for hot spots and dissapated heat, but the dang thing is so light!!! For a guy who is used to hefting 150 pound 22" ovens, this is a pleasant change! My personal opinion is if you need even heat distribution, go for cast iron. If you want save your back, aluminum is a real nice option to have.
              "John Foster <jfoster@...>" <jfoster@...> wrote:Then wait. I just talked to MACA today and they just received their

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 7, 2003
                Absolutamente! You said it right there amigo.

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Neal Anderson <neal892@y...>
                wrote:

                > As I write this email, I'm cooking lasagna outside in a MACA 13"
                aluminum dutch oven. The oven that I'm using is one of the first
                batch that we tested, and works really well. Just like it's been
                mentioned, you have to watch for hot spots and dissapated heat, but
                the dang thing is so light!!! For a guy who is used to hefting 150
                pound 22" ovens, this is a pleasant change! My personal opinion is
                if you need even heat distribution, go for cast iron. If you want
                save your back, aluminum is a real nice option to have.
                > "John Foster <jfoster@d...>" <jfoster@d...> wrote:Then wait. I
                just talked to MACA today and they just received their
                > first batch of aluminum Dutch ovens which they expect to sell (this
                > part is unbelievable but this is what he said) they expect to sell
                them
                > at the same price as their iron ones which if they do would be a
                > FANTASTIC bargain! I expect to go out Saturday and see them and
                I'll
                > report back.
                >

                > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, ez2endo@a... wrote:
                > > In a message dated 2/4/2003 5:19:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                > > no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
                > >
                > > > I have a set of the Scott Aluminum DO's and they cook very
                well.
                > > > They do heat up faster and they do cool down faster. The
                workmanship
                > > > in my set is good.
                > > >

                > > How do they compare with the other brands of oven's?
                > > I want to get one now and am undesided as to which one to
                concider.

                Service.