Re: GSI ?

  • Dave <brush511@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2003
      I usually just lurk but thought maybe I can contribute on this
      subject. I have to GSI ovens, a 10 & a 12. If its warm and not
      windy they cook about the same as cast iron. I learned while elk
      hunting a couple of years ago that if its cold you really have to
      increase the number of briquets with aluminum. I cooked a chicken
      dish from one of Cee Dubs cookbooks in both a 12" Lodge and a 12"
      GSI. Even with 2 extra briquets on top and bottom of the aluminum
      oven the chicken took much longer to cook. The temperature was in
      the low to mid 20's with a fairly light wind (not particularly cold
      by elk hunting standards). Cee Dub and Chuckwagon Supply both sell
      GSI ovens. Here's the address for GSI http://www.gsioutdoors.com/ .

      Dave

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "\"BISCUIT\" <n5hbb@y...>"