Michael Warner WNYDOS secretary

  • l599336
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2011
      Michael Warner WNYDOS secretary

      I was admitted to the hospital Thurs. from work - I'm home now. Not well
      diagnosed yet.

      2 seconds of breath followed by sharp pain - for hours - over and over
      very rapid breathing attacks
      severe pain in the lower right back below and behind the right lower lung lobe
      compressed air in the chest - distended abdomen
      cannot do a flight of stairs
      pain killers & muscle relaxants
      mind's 30% fuzzy

      NO IDEA what it is

      see my GP on Tues AM

      prayers requested

      Mike

      From Becky, Mike's Daughter

      Friday around 3pm dad was taken in for Thoracic surgery. They collapsed the right lung, cleaned out the 'debris' left from the infection, mucus, blood, ect and then reinflated the lung. That part went well. However, when the anisthetic kicked in, almost immediatly, Dad's heart rate went really really high. They tried several medications to bring this under controll, they did not work. In the end, they were forced to shock him repeatedly in surgery and in the ICU afterwards. They believe that the stress of the last week coupled with the infection and surgery caused this. As of right now there is no indication that he had a heart attack, however he is now being monitored by a cardioligist as well.
      They are keeping him sedated because he still has the breathing tube and is not yet breathing independently. They are not ready to wean him off of the breathing tube because his blood pressure is now too low. As they work to regulate that, they are hoping he gets the chance to rest a bit, and then hopefully tomorrow (although they may change their minds) they will start to try to wean him from the machine and let him attempt to breathe on his own. If that works they will remove the breathing tube.
      We are still waiting for tests to come back to let us know what the infection was/is and if the current antibiotics are helping to cure it.
      They expect some more time in ICU, then time in hospital to recover. Not sure how long that will be, as everything seems to change daily based on his progress.
    • David Grover
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2011
        God speed my friend, many prayers your way.

        Dave Grover
        Asst Director Storm Mtn Cahpter of IDOS
        Murray Utah

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2011
          I am praying for your recovery Mike. GEt well soon and God bless you and watch over you.

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "l599336" <l599336@...> wrote:

          > Michael Warner WNYDOS secretary
          >

          > I was admitted to the hospital Thurs. from work - I'm home now. Not well
          > diagnosed yet.
          >
          > 2 seconds of breath followed by sharp pain - for hours - over and over
          > very rapid breathing attacks
          > severe pain in the lower right back below and behind the right lower lung lobe
          > compressed air in the chest - distended abdomen
          > cannot do a flight of stairs
          > pain killers & muscle relaxants
          > mind's 30% fuzzy
          >
          > NO IDEA what it is
          >
          > see my GP on Tues AM
          >
          > prayers requested
          >
          > Mike

          > From Becky, Mike's Daughter
          >
          > Friday around 3pm dad was taken in for Thoracic surgery. They collapsed the right lung, cleaned out the 'debris' left from the infection, mucus, blood, ect and then reinflated the lung. That part went well. However, when the anisthetic kicked in, almost immediatly, Dad's heart rate went really really high. They tried several medications to bring this under controll, they did not work. In the end, they were forced to shock him repeatedly in surgery and in the ICU afterwards. They believe that the stress of the last week coupled with the infection and surgery caused this. As of right now there is no indication that he had a heart attack, however he is now being monitored by a cardioligist as well.
          > They are keeping him sedated because he still has the breathing tube and is not yet breathing independently. They are not ready to wean him off of the breathing tube because his blood pressure is now too low. As they work to regulate that, they are hoping he gets the chance to rest a bit, and then hopefully tomorrow (although they may change their minds) they will start to try to wean him from the machine and let him attempt to breathe on his own. If that works they will remove the breathing tube.
          > We are still waiting for tests to come back to let us know what the infection was/is and if the current antibiotics are helping to cure it.
          > They expect some more time in ICU, then time in hospital to recover. Not sure how long that will be, as everything seems to change daily based on his progress.

        • Connie Knie

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
              Thursday update

              Goodafternoon all!

              I am happy to say that Dad is doing much better. He survived the 'snowstorm that wasnt' yesterday (mainly by sitting in his room and sulking). Late Wednesday they moved him to his new 'home away from home' Room 3317!!! No more ICU nurses for him :)

              Now that he is back on the third floor, his highness feels up to entertaining visitors with his whit, please feel free to pay him some short visits whenever you like. He is still tired, but off of oxygen and was walking a bit yesterday. He will be in hospital for at least 4 more days.

              Thank you again for all your prayers and support. I am praying that the road from here is smooth and that soon he will be back to work nagging all of you :)

              Blessings,
              Becky
            • Dutch Oven Diva
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
                Wonderful news indeed. Wishes from all your black pot friends. The power of prayer works every time!