Northwoods NewYears Day DOG

  • Dutch Oven Diva
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
      What a great time we all had on New Year's Day. BRRR it was cold in ChicagoLand at 15 deg. We got a later start than we'd planned but no one was in a hurry, so that turned out okay. Tina M, Gwen S, Lesley T and new cook, Bob E did some fine cooking!
      The ham and cheese biscuits turned out wonderfully. Nice, risen, toasty brown. Jalapeno poppers that were not hot and spicy. We fill with a cream cheese and cheese mix, roll in panko and bake til cooked. Then a Thanksgiving meatloaf with cranberry relish. MMMM. Like having a holiday meal again. We made a Black eyed pea dahl/curry.Southern traditions with a Northern twist! And then a cranberry bread for dessert. What a feast for a little dutchoven cooking!
      And then we all just hung out around the table laughing for hours!
    • blockers
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
        I can't speak for all Texans, but I don't think I could move or breathe in 15 degree temperatures. I'm such a wimp. It drops below 40 and I'm pulling out the heavy stuff. But in my defense...it could have been 80 or 90 degrees the day before. That's Texas.

        Are the recipes going to be posted? I would really like to have the Thanksgiving meatloaf with cranberry relish. It sounds so delicious...a good alternative for turkey and dressing.

        Sue, Texas