Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: Spider

  • Werner Burwood
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 8, 2010
      I sent the seller a message asking what made this skillet worth this much $
      in their opinion. I am anxious to hear the response.

      Werner

      On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Greg Jacobs <gkjacobs2001@...> wrote:

      > That person thinks that he has something nobody else has!!

    • Ken
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 10, 2010
        Gate marks "should" indicate the iron was cast sometime before the late 1800's, but I have found some cheap, thin foreign iron at flea markets and other places that were being made with gate marks to make it look like it is much older than it is. Without markings you just have to rely on the look and feel and your gut sometimes.