Re: group picture

  • beeman
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2010
      Doug, I am happy to hear that you got re-employed so quickly. That is certainly a blessing. But really, don't keep us in suspense any longer. How did you make the dessert in the photo? Can we please hae the recipe?
    • SkipperB
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2010
        Doug:

        Is the recipe for your turtle cheesecake available?

        Skipper
        Parkville, MO

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <the_redneck_gourmet@...> wrote:

        > I guess I will take credit for the Spotted Turtle Cheesecake . I did cook it at the nat. DOG.
        > Doug..the Redneck Gourmet!

      • Doug
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 2, 2010
          I will post the recipe as soon as I get settled in with the new computer. It is always fun to cook something in a Dutch oven that most people don't think you can cook. They don't understand that if they can do it in their kitchen , we can do it anyway with our black pots. This cheesecake turned out looking like a cookbook picture. I had people ask me where was the box that it can out of LOL. I did this for the 3 pot cook off at the National Dog along with a stuffed and glazed pork loin and a braided butter bread. The cheesecake and the loin turned out as good as I can do , but the bread over-rose and did not look very good at all after I dropped it on the ground LOL all I could do is laugh. Poop happens!

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "SkipperB" <skipperbranscum@...> wrote:

          > Doug:
          >
          > Is the recipe for your turtle cheesecake available?
          >
          > Skipper
          > Parkville, MO
          >
          > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <the_redneck_gourmet@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I guess I will take credit for the Spotted Turtle Cheesecake . I did cook it at the nat. DOG.
          > > Doug..the Redneck Gourmet!

        • Doug
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 10, 2010
            Ok what is the story with the group picture...would love to see the recipe for it.
          • Bill Ryan
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 10, 2010
              I know that was cooked at the 2009 NDOG at Ponco City, Ok...

              Ok what is the story with the group picture...would love to see the recipe for it.

            • fran_lg
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 10, 2010
                Hi Doug,

                Something that Georgia "whipped" up. Sure is pretty, isn't it?

                Fran L-G
                Cleveland OH

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 10, 2010
                  Georgia from Iowa made that. She's in Washington State now I think, or Oregon. Somewhere in the northwest. Sure was a purty cake wasn't it? Ronda

                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 11, 2010
                    Ronda is correct. Photo is from 2009 NDOG. The title was "Wedding Cake".
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 11, 2010
                      The chocolate around the cake was Hurshey candy bars. OH! It was gud!

                      > Ronda is correct. Photo is from 2009 NDOG. The title was "Wedding Cake".

                    • farmercook
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 11, 2010
                        I made the Wedding Cake at the 2009 National DOG just for fun. Always looking for something surprising to come out of a dutch oven. The cake was actually just cake mix - I was mainly trying to see if I could get it cooked & decorated in a reasonable amount of time.

                        It was a fun project.
                        Merry Christmas, everyone.
                        Georgia

                        > The chocolate around the cake was Hurshey candy bars. OH! It was gud!
                        >
                        > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mississippi_biscuit" <n5hbb@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Ronda is correct. Photo is from 2009 NDOG. The title was "Wedding Cake".

                      • Patti
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 14, 2010
                          It was a BEAUTIFUL cake!!!!! There was one little boy that couldn't wait to get a piece----well, there were a LOT of big boys too that stood in that cake line!! We missed you at the 2010 Nationals!!!! Patti