Re: Walker table

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
      Brad, It looks like some used metal from a building or something.
      I have some left over metal roof. I may can use it.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, brad_g8 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > What are you using for the table? Is it a custom bit of metal or something you picked up somewhere else??

    • David Prestage
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
        Yessir, that's exactly what it is - I had a number of (wall and roof) panels
        left over from when I built my shop and turns out they fit exactly in
        between the handles of the walkers. By nature of their construction, they
        are extremely sturdy, hold the weight of the DOs (up to 14 inchers) easily,
        and last a long, long time. Dutchin' Dave P.

        <mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com> , brad_g8 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > What are you using for the table? Is it a custom bit of metal or something
        you picked up somewhere else??

        _,_._,___

      • Andre Houser
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
          Looks like maybe a playground slide might work also, if you can find a straight enough piece.

          Andre Houser

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2014
            I went to a yard sale. I ask the lady if she had some cast iron. She said, my husband does and he would leave me if I sold it. I asked her, if he Dutch Oven Cooks which he does. I asked where are you from...she said IOWA.

            I said well ...you have met Da Biscuit and I will tell you about the NDOG in IOWA this year. They are going up there the same weekend. So you may have someone from Mississippi.

          • groenendyk
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 8, 2014
              Thanks for the heads up, hopw they can make it.