Re: Colorado Chapters

  • melvinrose
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 7, 2010
      I don't know of any chapters in Colorado but my wife and I will be in Ouray from June 22 until June 25th. Will you be around anywhere near at that time? I wouldn't mind trying some high altitude cookin.
      Melvin
    • melvinrose
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 7, 2010
        Hey, I just realized that you live in Abilene! We are in San Angelo. We will be at the DOG at Abilene State Park on Saturday. Will you be there?

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "susiemcanut" <susiemcanut@...> wrote:

        > I will be vacationing in Colorado and would love to find chapters to visit. I have been unsuccessful in my search. Does anyone have information on DOGS in Colorado?

      • Bill Shattuck
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2010
          There's only one IDOS chapter that I know of and it covers most of
          northern CO. They are not very active.

          Moose

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jun 7, 2010, at 5:32 PM, "susiemcanut" <susiemcanut@...> wrote:

          > I will be vacationing in Colorado and would love to find chapters to
          > visit. I have been unsuccessful in my search. Does anyone have
          > information on DOGS in Colorado?

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7, 2010
            You are so lucky. We were there years ago. We took a week about that same time in June and traveled through Silverton, Ouray, and Durango.

            Vera kept asking me what that white stuff on top of the mountains was. She didn't believe it was snow, until we walked down to the river one morning and there was ice in the river. Then she believed me.

            There must be some good cooks up there. I hope you find them. Could be you will find some old iron while you are there.

            Ken

            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "melvinrose" <melvinrose@...> wrote:

            > I don't know of any chapters in Colorado but my wife and I will be in Ouray from June 22 until June 25th. Will you be around anywhere near at that time? I wouldn't mind trying some high altitude cookin.
            > Melvin

          • Ken
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 7, 2010
              What time Saturday? And is it going to rain again?

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
                Ken,
                we are starting at 8:00am and eating at 11:00am, the forcast is for sunny skys and 97°. We will be at the Abilene State Park.
                Melvin

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <savage99_250@...> wrote:

                > What time Saturday? And is it going to rain again?
                >
                > Ken
                >

                > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "melvinrose" <melvinrose@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey, I just realized that you live in Abilene! We are in San Angelo. We will be at the DOG at Abilene State Park on Saturday. Will you be there?
                > >
                > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "susiemcanut" <susiemcanut@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I will be vacationing in Colorado and would love to find chapters to visit. I have been unsuccessful in my search. Does anyone have information on DOGS in Colorado?

              • Susie
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
                  I will not be in Abilene for the DOG.

                  I will be in Colorado the first part of June.

                  Thanks everyone for your replys.