Re: New Group Photo: 3rd Annual DOG at Lehman's

  • splatterdab
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2010
      How do I get holt of 'ol cookie Tim? I'd be likin' to compare chuckwagon notes with 'em.

      Splatterdab
      Where the cowboy coffee is always hot.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "fran_lg" <fran_lg@...> wrote:

      > Group photo is of cookie Tim and his chuckwagon at this year's DOG at Lehman's. I really think Tim added quite a charm to this photo :-) Hopefully we can see them appear again at Lehman's or next year's National DOG in OH.

      > Fran L-G
      > Cleveland OH

    • fran_lg
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2010
        Hi Splatterdab --

        I'll have to leave that to Matt, our head honcho of the Lehman's DOG -- Hey Matt, can you send cookie Tim splatterdab's email address?

        Fran L-G
        Cleveland OH

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "splatterdab" <splatterdab@...> wrote:

        > How do I get holt of 'ol cookie Tim? I'd be likin' to compare chuckwagon notes with 'em.
        >
        > Splatterdab
        > Where the cowboy coffee is always hot.
        >
        > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "fran_lg" <fran_lg@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Group photo is of cookie Tim and his chuckwagon at this year's DOG at Lehman's. I really think Tim added quite a charm to this photo :-) Hopefully we can see them appear again at Lehman's or next year's National DOG in OH.

        > > Fran L-G
        > > Cleveland OH

      • imdaboozer
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2010
          Hey Fran and Splatterdab,

          I'd be happy to get your information to Tim. But unless things changed in the last month I don't think he has an email address. Maybe his son does. I'll give him a call and find out. I do know that everytime I called him he was milking, feeding, cutting or something else on his farm.

          Matt

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "fran_lg" <fran_lg@...> wrote:

          > Hi Splatterdab --
          >
          > I'll have to leave that to Matt, our head honcho of the Lehman's DOG -- Hey Matt, can you send cookie Tim splatterdab's email address?
          >
          > Fran L-G
          > Cleveland OH
          >
          > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "splatterdab" <splatterdab@> wrote:
          > >
          > > How do I get holt of 'ol cookie Tim? I'd be likin' to compare chuckwagon notes with 'em.
          > >
          > > Splatterdab
          > > Where the cowboy coffee is always hot.
        • mwarner51
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2010
            Fran,
            Do you dare me to tell the tale of the chocolate cake you attacked at Lehman's?
            Mike
          • fran_lg
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2010
              I was hoping people would forget about that, and I apologize to the owner of that luscious looking cake! The poor cake, sitting out in the sun while we were setting up for the potluck, had a top layer that no longer wanted to be there and was making a get away. I was trying to discourage it from leaving its bottom mate, and short of using my bare hand, the only nearest tool at hand was a knife :-} I gave up trying to save it after awhile and just let it do its own thing. Don't know what became of it, but I'm happy to say that my washing machine took care of all that chocolate that was in my place mats :-)

              Fran L-G
              Cleveland OH

              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mwarner51" <mwarner51@...> wrote:

              > Fran,
              > Do you dare me to tell the tale of the chocolate cake you attacked at Lehman's?
              > Mike

            • mamabear-kathy
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2010
                Fran,

                That Chocolate cake was on the way back with it owner Cathy B , when it slipped and fell to the ground right next to our site.

                Ahhhh , it was a good looking cake too.

                bye for now,
                mamabear-kathy

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "fran_lg" <fran_lg@...> wrote:

                > I was hoping people would forget about that, and I apologize to the owner of that luscious looking cake! The poor cake, sitting out in the sun while we were setting up for the potluck, had a top layer that no longer wanted to be there and was making a get away. I was trying to discourage it from leaving its bottom mate, and short of using my bare hand, the only nearest tool at hand was a knife :-} I gave up trying to save it after awhile and just let it do its own thing. Don't know what became of it, but I'm happy to say that my washing machine took care of all that chocolate that was in my place mats :-)
                >
                > Fran L-G
                > Cleveland OH
                >
                > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mwarner51" <mwarner51@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Fran,
                > > Do you dare me to tell the tale of the chocolate cake you attacked at Lehman's?
                > > Mike

              • mwarner51
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
                  Oh Fran, Fran, Fran.

                  Such denial (for ya'll south of the Mason Dixon Line that mean she forgot the good parts).

                  The Lehman DOG in Kidron, O-hi-o.

                  It was the finest chocolate cake I ever did see - just a shinin' in the late afternoon Ohio sun. All them cobblers and this here one cake. It was a sight to see. It musta been a fit of jealosy or maybe it was the heat that got to her or it was all day lookin' for Ray's wallet (another story). Here come Fran, a sneakin' up on the chow line better than most of the Iroquois hunters here abouts during deer season. I do believe she sneaky-slid in between two distracted folks and figure she'd sabotage that cake. All I know is that I turn around to see the commotion and the top layer is slidin' to the west whilst the bottom layer is just a sittin' there. And here's Fran with (gasp!) a knife in her hands! She'll say it were a serving knife. I suspect it was one of those combat knives the Navy Seals carry - all dangerous and such. All I know is that she went after that cake all the while saying "I'm a gonna save it!" Which no one believed. The top layer slid - Fran poked it with the knife - it slid faster. Her daughter from across the table yelled, "Mother!" The layer slid more. Cake and chocolate all over her hands as she tried not to look guilty. We turned away. It's important not to stare at a friend who has put herself in that situation.

                  That's the truth and the whole truth, so help me. Pass the coffee pot and throw another log on the fire - will ya?

                  Mike (now hiding from Fran in NY)
                • imdaboozer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 8, 2010
                    Hey Mike and Fran,

                    I see there is some disagreement in the story of the chocolate cake. I guess we'll have to check the surrounding surveillance cameras and look for witnesses to see if we can determine who's story to beleive.

                    Since there isn't a traffic light in Kidron and there aren't any cameras in town I guess we'll have to talk to the local witnesses - I think the cows in the next pasture would be the closest. Then there were the chickens in the coup across the way... Oh well, we may never know the real story.