Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: Generic Chicken Question

  • Steven Stuckey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
      Everyone thanks for the help and great advice. I took a 10" shallow and 12" shallow dutch ovens and but a layer of chicken thighs in them. Set them on the coals and when I heard them sizzling I removed all the coals except the outer ring and placed a ring of coals on top. The chicken was done in 45 minutes and should have been done sooner. I coated the chicken with a store bought chicken grilling season. They were very good and now to try my own seasoning. I should mentioned just after I removed the bottom coals and before the cooking was done we had 35 mile an hour winds and rain. I was under our porch but the storm came from the north and east (which is alittle unusual). I had coal dust all over the porch furniture, siding and myself. Oh well the chicken was well worth it and the picky daughter even wanted seconds. Steven Stuckey - N9WNN - Indiana