Re: using galvanized metal

  • melvinrose
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2010
      I use animal feed pans sometines to cook in but the only thing I do Is put the charcoal in them and then cook over the charcoal in a dutch oven. I would never cook the food directly on the metal surface of a galvinzed surface because of the fumes it gives off will end up in the food you are going to eat. In my opinion if you only use the galvinised surface for the fire and are cooking in a dutch oven with a lid then you are fine. Thats my two cents worth,
      Melvin