Re: sourdough

  • dutchovencook99
    Message 1 of 28 , May 1, 2010
      You should be able to get Dough Enhancer at any Health Food Store that sell Bulk Flour. Just about every store sells it here in Kansas. Wishbone
    • Robert Cress
      Message 2 of 28 , May 1, 2010
        You can get it in the baking aisle at all bigger grocery chains.
        It's called Wheat Gluten . It comes in a one lb. box where I buy it.
        Chili Bob
        > You should be able to get Dough Enhancer at any Health Food Store that
        > sell Bulk Flour. Just about every store sells it here in Kansas. Wishbone

        05:34:00
      • Chuck hardee
        Message 3 of 28 , May 1, 2010
          I'm sorry my question was so vague.

          Had I been smart about it, I would have searched first and then maybe asked
          a more constructive question.

          So, for those who are still curious about what a dough enhancer is, check
          out this link:

          http://www.breadmachinedigest.com/tips/dough-enhancers-and-how-to-use-them.p
          hp

          There's also a few recipes in the recipe section there on how to make your
          own dough enhancers.

          In a nutshell, a dough enhancer is ANYTHING other than flour, water and
          yeast added to your bread.

          This site also has information about making your own dough enhancer:

          http://chickensintheroad.com/blog/2008/05/06/how-to-make-homemade-dough-enha
          ncer/

          _____