sourdough

  • Terryl Rogers
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 30, 2010
      Dough enhancer is just what it says it is - an enhancer. You can go on the internet and get all kinds of information and places to buy it. I get mine at a bakery who lets me buy from his bulk. Places that sell bakery items would have it too.
      TERRYL ROGERS, CPA
      720 East San Pedro
      Gilbert, AZ 85234
      trogerscpa@...

    • dutchovencook99
      Message 2 of 28 , May 1, 2010
        You should be able to get Dough Enhancer at any Health Food Store that sell Bulk Flour. Just about every store sells it here in Kansas. Wishbone
      • Robert Cress
        Message 3 of 28 , May 1, 2010
          You can get it in the baking aisle at all bigger grocery chains.
          It's called Wheat Gluten . It comes in a one lb. box where I buy it.
          Chili Bob
          > You should be able to get Dough Enhancer at any Health Food Store that
          > sell Bulk Flour. Just about every store sells it here in Kansas. Wishbone

          05:34:00
        • Chuck hardee
          Message 4 of 28 , May 1, 2010
            I'm sorry my question was so vague.

            Had I been smart about it, I would have searched first and then maybe asked
            a more constructive question.

            So, for those who are still curious about what a dough enhancer is, check
            out this link:

            http://www.breadmachinedigest.com/tips/dough-enhancers-and-how-to-use-them.p
            hp

            There's also a few recipes in the recipe section there on how to make your
            own dough enhancers.

            In a nutshell, a dough enhancer is ANYTHING other than flour, water and
            yeast added to your bread.

            This site also has information about making your own dough enhancer:

            http://chickensintheroad.com/blog/2008/05/06/how-to-make-homemade-dough-enha
            ncer/

            _____