Re: Easter Dinner Dessert

  • dutchovendiva
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
      been asked to elaborate and not just tease...so here is the recipe for MikeWarner....LOL..

      TipTop Cake
      1boxesYellow or white cake mix
      3 eggs
      1 cans cherry pie filling
      1 8 oz cream cheese
      1 cup semi sweet chocolate bit
      1 tsp almond extract

      Preheat the oven to 350 with a ring of coals on the bottom and a batch of coals on top for about 5-7min. Put a disc of parchment in the bottom if you want to tip the cake out.Mix the cake according to directions.Add the almond extract Layer the mix, dollop some of the pie filling and chunks of cream cheese. Repeat for 2 or 3 more layers. End with mix on top. Put the lid on the dutch oven. Coals under and on top of the lid. Cook until done…about 30-35 minutes. When the cake springs back in the middle, and the sides start to pull away slightly, take it off the bottom heat. Keep the top heat on for about 5 min more to brown the top to golden. Then remove the top heat and cover and allow to cool abit. You can tip it out pan at this point. Cool completely before serving.
    • Jim C
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
        Where do the chocolate chips fit in?

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "dutchovendiva" <dutchovendiva@...> wrote:

        > been asked to elaborate and not just tease...so here is the recipe for MikeWarner....LOL..
        >
        > TipTop Cake
        > 1boxesYellow or white cake mix
        > 3 eggs
        > 1 cans cherry pie filling
        > 1 8 oz cream cheese
        > 1 cup semi sweet chocolate bit
        > 1 tsp almond extract
        >
        > Preheat the oven to 350 with a ring of coals on the bottom and a batch of coals on top for about 5-7min. Put a disc of parchment in the bottom if you want to tip the cake out.Mix the cake according to directions.Add the almond extract Layer the mix, dollop some of the pie filling and chunks of cream cheese. Repeat for 2 or 3 more layers. End with mix on top. Put the lid on the dutch oven. Coals under and on top of the lid. Cook until done…about 30-35 minutes. When the cake springs back in the middle, and the sides start to pull away slightly, take it off the bottom heat. Keep the top heat on for about 5 min more to brown the top to golden. Then remove the top heat and cover and allow to cool abit. You can tip it out pan at this point. Cool completely before serving.

      • jasonjelinek
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
          I can attest to it's yumminess! (is that a word?)

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "dutchovendiva" <dutchovendiva@...> wrote:

          > been asked to elaborate and not just tease...so here is the recipe for MikeWarner....LOL..
          >
          > TipTop Cake
          > 1boxesYellow or white cake mix
          > 3 eggs
          > 1 cans cherry pie filling>
        • dutchovendiva
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
            OOPss..chocolate chips get layered with the cherries and cream cheese..