Dutch Oven Wedding

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
      HEllo,
      My name is Chris Cobb I am the son of Rhonda and Terry Cobb (2009 National DOG Host).. I am letting everyone know some good news!!! Caila Fletcher (some of you met at the 2009 national) has agreed to marry me and our wedding is DUTCH OVEN!!!! Our arch way will be made of dutch ovens, our cake will be made with them too... I am especially thankful to the members of Heartland of the Prairie Dutch Oven Society for agreeing to cater this event... It will be held at the monthly DOG for Heartland on March 27, 2009... I would love to have some advice on other dutch oven ideas to do at my wedding.. I hope you all had a good holiday season!!!!!
    • Larry Crockett
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
        Now, THAT just sounds like the bomb. Sounds like you have found a good one.

        You could have a "wedding tree" arranged similar to someone's Christmas tree
        seen earlier in the pictures! Lacey bows, baby's breath, and a groom/bride
        at the top!

        Larry Crockett
        Franklin, TN
        Run with whatcha brung, and hope you brung enough

        On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Chris <talented9171983@...> wrote:

        > HEllo,
        > My name is Chris Cobb I am the son of Rhonda and Terry Cobb (2009 National
        > DOG Host).. I am letting everyone know some good news!!! Caila Fletcher
        > (some of you met at the 2009 national) has agreed to marry me and our
        > wedding is DUTCH OVEN!!!! Our arch way will be made of dutch ovens, our cake
        > will be made with them too... I am especially thankful to the members of
        > Heartland of the Prairie Dutch Oven Society for agreeing to cater this
        > event... It will be held at the monthly DOG for Heartland on March 27,
        > 2009... I would love to have some advice on other dutch oven ideas to do at
        > my wedding.. I hope you all had a good holiday season!!!!!

      • Johnathan R. Hurst
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
          Congratulations!

          How about using a dutch oven as a wedding bell!?!?   I know there is happiness in MY heart when I hear the clang of cast iron! ! !

          Best wishes to you !

          Johnathan R. Hurst

          My name is Chris Cobb I am the son of Rhonda and Terry Cobb (2009 National DOG Host).. I am letting everyone know some good news!!! Caila Fletcher (some of you met at the 2009 national) has agreed to marry me and our wedding is DUTCH OVEN!!!! Our arch way will be made of dutch ovens, our cake will be made with them too... I am especially thankful to the members of Heartland of the Prairie Dutch Oven Society for agreeing to cater this event... It will be held at the monthly DOG for Heartland on March 27, 2009... I would love to have some advice on other dutch oven ideas to do at my wedding.. I hope you all had a good holiday season!!!!!

        • Chris Cobb
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
            That is a cool idea i will run it by yhe lady.. The oven be the bell and the lid lifter use as the chime.. great thinking

             Chris Cobb

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
              Congratulations!!!

              May the two of you spend many years cooking in Dutch Ovens.

              You flower girl could carry 6" and the ring barrier use a lid to carry the rings on.

              All the best.

              Bill Ryan
              Bossier City, LA

              From: "Chris" <talented9171983@...>
              Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:20:42
              To: <dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
                i already got it planned it will be almost 5' tall.. it will start with a 16 and go to a 6
                 Chris Cobb

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
                  of all the ring pillows and such that we have looked at!!! That is the best idea yet!!! Thanks!!!
                   Chris Cobb

                  ________________________________

                  From: "Chris" <talented9171983@ yahoo.com>
                  Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:20:42
                  To: <dutchovencooking@ yahoogroups. com>

                  HEllo,
                  My name is Chris Cobb I am the son of Rhonda and Terry Cobb (2009 National DOG Host).. I am letting everyone know some good news!!! Caila Fletcher (some of you met at the 2009 national) has agreed to marry me and our wedding is DUTCH OVEN!!!! Our arch way will be made of dutch ovens, our cake will be made with them too... I am especially thankful to the members of Heartland of the Prairie Dutch Oven Society for agreeing to cater this event... It will be held at the monthly DOG for Heartland on March 27, 2009... I would love to have some advice on other dutch oven ideas to do at my wedding.. I hope you all had a good holiday season!!!!!

                • imdaboozer
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
                    Whatever you do......don't tie any dutch ovens to the back of whatever your mode of transportation is. That is about the only bad use for an oven I can think of...
                    Congratulations!!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
                      i hope they dont tie any to the back of my mini van that would cost too much money!!!!
                       Chris Cobb

                      ________________________________

                    • BSAT80ASM@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
                        Congratulations.

                        About a year ago there was a post about how to make a tree ornament that looks like a DO.
                        You could use this as place card holders. Check the photo files.

                        You can always give out 6 inch DO's with a small red sack of charcoal inside.

                        Make your invitation interesting.
                        A die cut dutch oven where the lid pulls up with the information should bring a smile to every ones face.

                        Your biggest expense will probably be for the super sized DO you will need to stand in to get married and the trailer to pull it back home.

                        Have fun with the wedding preparations. Be sure to notify the press about a month or two before the wedding.

                        Ken
                        The Other Ken

                        My name is Chris Cobb I am the son of Rhonda and Terry Cobb (2009 National DOG Host).. I am letting everyone know some good news!!! Caila Fletcher (some of you met at the 2009 national) has agreed to marry me and our wedding is DUTCH OVEN!!!! Our arch way will be made of dutch ovens, our cake will be made with them too... I am especially thankful to the members of Heartland of the Prairie Dutch Oven Society for agreeing to cater this event... It will be held at the monthly DOG for Heartland on March 27, 2009... I would love to have some advice on other dutch oven ideas to do at my wedding.. I hope you all had a good holiday season!!!!!

                      • lwpmc
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 4, 2010
                          Now, Chris, you met all of us at the 2009 Nationals. Are you SURE you want our advise?????? The Texas group could really get crazy here!!! Best advise is to always make each other laugh at least once a day. Dutch Ovens look nice with flowers in them for bridal arrangement and flower girl. Your Mom can get the little 1/2 ovens to hold spoon and fork on groom's lapel, and of course they all have to wear aprons. Instead of bells, make windchimes from utensils used with the hot coals and hot food (lid lifters, charcoal tongs, lid racks,etc.) Just have fun and make it a day you both will remember with laughter, joy, and LOVE!!!! Patti

                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <talented9171983@...> wrote:

                          > HEllo,
                          > My name is Chris Cobb I am the son of Rhonda and Terry Cobb (2009 National DOG Host).. I am letting everyone know some good news!!! Caila Fletcher (some of you met at the 2009 national) has agreed to marry me and our wedding is DUTCH OVEN!!!! Our arch way will be made of dutch ovens, our cake will be made with them too... I am especially thankful to the members of Heartland of the Prairie Dutch Oven Society for agreeing to cater this event... It will be held at the monthly DOG for Heartland on March 27, 2009... I would love to have some advice on other dutch oven ideas to do at my wedding.. I hope you all had a good holiday season!!!!!

                        • David
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 5, 2010
                            Chris,
                            Almost 4 years ago I had a Dutch oven wedding in the Redwoods of Northern California with a teardrop trailer group. The pictures are posted all over the internet and there are pictures posted here in this group. My wife and I got married inside a Maca 22 in front of the camp fire. Dinner was potluck with over 100 dishes all cooked in Dutch ovens and I baked our wedding cake in Dutch ovens which was 4 double layered tiers and 2 single layered tiers. It was a blast I wish all the best to you.

                            For table decorations use a Lodge 5" bean kettle hung over a miniature LED candle flame by a small tripod with a ring of your future wifes choice. Or you can make plastic Dutch ovens using a plastic 8 oz. whipped cream cheese tub or 8 oz. margarine tub. Or you can use the 5" camp chef candles on each table.

                            Decorate your Wedding tree with white ribbon and small white LED lights and place a tree on each side of the "stage" or Podium where you will exchange your vows. Your brides bouquet and all the flowers can even be set and or carried in a Dutch oven or facimilie.

                            You can also set up a small campfire scene where you are exchanging vows and use one of those electric "flame bowls" that you get at a halloween store or at Spencers in the mall. That way no one gets burned and the dress doesn't get ruined.

                            What ever you do Chris remember it is your brides wedding even though she may want you to help. Good Luck!
                          • David
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 5, 2010
                              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "David" <norcaldutchovendave@...> wrote:

                              > Chris,
                              > Almost 4 years ago I had a Dutch oven wedding in the Redwoods of Northern California with a teardrop trailer group. The pictures are posted all over the internet and there are pictures posted here in this group. My wife and I got married inside a Maca 22 in front of the camp fire. Dinner was potluck with over 100 dishes all cooked in Dutch ovens and I baked our wedding cake in Dutch ovens which was 4 double layered tiers and 2 single layered tiers. It was a blast I wish all the best to you.
                              >
                              > For table decorations use a Lodge 5" bean kettle hung over a miniature LED candle flame by a small tripod with a ring of your future wifes choice. Or you can make plastic Dutch ovens using a plastic 8 oz. whipped cream cheese tub or 8 oz. margarine tub. Or you can use the 5" camp chef candles on each table.
                              >
                              > Decorate your Wedding tree with white ribbon and small white LED lights and place a tree on each side of the "stage" or Podium where you will exchange your vows. Your brides bouquet and all the flowers can even be set and or carried in a Dutch oven or facimilie.
                              >
                              > You can also set up a small campfire scene where you are exchanging vows and use one of those electric "flame bowls" that you get at a halloween store or at Spencers in the mall. That way no one gets burned and the dress doesn't get ruined.
                              >
                              > What ever you do Chris remember it is your brides wedding even though she may want you to help. Good Luck!

                              I just found the Photo album it was combined in a couple others. My wedding pictures are in the Northern California D.O. Cooking Photo Album
                              Dave
                            • John Frerichs
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 7, 2010
                                Congratulations Chris!