Chicken Rice Soup

  • greenrose6262
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2009
      Chicken Rice Soup <http://>

      Ingredients

      3/4 cup boiled Chicken pieces
      ½ cup Rice
      2 tbsp Butter
      2 tbsp Maida
      1½ cup Milk
      1½ cup Water
      Salt as per taste
      1 chopped Onion
      ¼ cup chopped Celery
      Black Pepper powder as per taste

      Cooking Method 1. Mix celery, chopped onion, rice and water.
      2. Cook till rice is done and most till water evaporates.
      3. Remove from fire. Mix properly butter and maida in a separate vessel
      and then add 1 cup milk to make a smooth paste
      4. Add the paste to the rice mixture. Put to boil and stir continuously
      so that no lumps are formed.
      5. Add chicken pieces and half a cup of milk and stir continuously.
      6. Add pepper powder and salt. Put on fire for 5 minutes.
      7. Serve hot.

    • John Gengler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
        what is mida

      • Hal
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
          From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

          Maida flour is a finely-milled wheat flour used to make a wide variety of Indian breads such as paratha and naan. Maida is widely used not only in Indian cuisine but also in Central Asian and Southeast Asian cuisine.

          Hal

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "John Gengler" <jbgengler1@...> wrote:

          what is mida
        • TERE
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2010
            Been sick with crude since Christmas, can soup b made with instanst Minute Rice, white flour, cuz that is all that is handy :-\ & it is to far to go into town just for rice! I've run out of can soup..so sad. TERE

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2010
              I would just make instant rice seperate and add it in when you are ready to serve it. It will save you a trip to town.