Re: New Group Photo: Multi-taskers

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 10, 2009
      From looking at the picture, it looks like they used those black and silver clips to hold it together, like we use to hold workpapers together at the office. I've never seen any with holes near the bottom Connie. Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote:

      > Ok two questions. Metal flashing can be purchased anywhere? How are they secured into a ring shape. Are there holes near the bottom  for air............ok three questions........
      >
      > connie
      >
      > --- On Sat, 12/5/09, fran_lg <fran_lg@...> wrote:
      >
      > Metal flashing used as wind screens around the Dutch ovens, and the coffee pot is heating on top of the charcoal chimney.
      >
      > Photo can be seen at ...

    • Connie Knie
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2009
        Ok,
        So it pretty much tears down into flat pieces of flashing? And that can be bought at places like Home Depot? Without holes in the bottom how does the air get in to keep the coals alive?
        Thanks Rhonda

        connie

        --- On Thu, 12/10/09, rlb_51 <rlb_51@...> wrote:
        From looking at the picture, it looks like they used those black and silver clips to hold it together, like we use to hold workpapers together at the office. I've never seen any with holes near the bottom Connie.  Ronda

      • Connie Knie
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 16, 2009
          HI Ken,
          Need to read more before I respond. I am always looking for more ways to keep my habit alive (cheaply).......

          I am gonna go check it out........

          Thanks guys.

          PS. Am hoping today to finally get my pix uploaded of my class taught at University of Scouting and the tables I had made thanks to all of the help I got here.......

          connie

          --- On Thu, 12/10/09, savage99_250 <savage99_250@...> wrote:

          Metal flashing can be purchased at a hardware or home improvement store.  It is easily cut to length with metal snips.