Group picture

  • katmarusa
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      The group picture showes what looks like a 72 inch D O lid. Is that a "real" 6 foot wide Dutch Oven? Maybe that is what a person would need to cook a small turpigalo. Only thing, it would take two turpigalos to feed the whole village that I live in.

      Mark "Da Fork"
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2009
        Hey Fork!
        If you look in photo section you will find more photos of this trailer. It is under Tyler or 2009 NDOG. It is a cooking trailer someone made from Tyler.

        It is an eye catcher.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2009

          > Hey Fork!
          > If you look in photo section you will find more photos of this trailer. It is under Tyler or 2009 NDOG. It is a cooking trailer someone made from Tyler.
          >
          > It is an eye catcher.
          >
          > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "katmarusa" <katmar@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The group picture showes what looks like a 72 inch D O lid. Is that a "real" 6 foot wide Dutch Oven? Maybe that is what a person would need to cook a small turpigalo. Only thing, it would take two turpigalos to feed the whole village that I live in.
          > >
          > > Mark "Da Fork"

        • katmarusa
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2009

            > > Hey Fork!
            > > If you look in photo section you will find more photos of this trailer. It is under Tyler or 2009 NDOG. It is a cooking trailer someone made from Tyler.
            > >
            > > It is an eye catcher.

            Thanks Biscut, I took a look at them.

            Talking about biscuits, I gotta be in Wickenburg by 5:30 on Sat morning to cook cowboy biscuits and gravy for the Cowboy Poets day.
            I'll be taking 4ea 12inch pots, one 14" one 16". Mark and Gary W. is supposed to be their also. We usualy use 12 to 16 pots and keep them full. We aways have a great time and cook LOTS of biscuits. Hope we have some left over again this year.

            Mark "Da Fork"
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2009
              Cowboy Poets? WE have one from Mississippi. I met him at a Rodeo here.
              I think his name was Cotton Yancey. Ever hear of him?

              > Talking about biscuits, I gotta be in Wickenburg by 5:30 on Sat morning to cook cowboy biscuits and gravy for the Cowboy Poets day.
              > I'll be taking 4ea 12inch pots, one 14" one 16". Mark and Gary W. is supposed to be their also. We usualy use 12 to 16 pots and keep them full. We aways have a great time and cook LOTS of biscuits. Hope we have some left over again this year.
              >
              > Mark "Da Fork"

            • katmarusa
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2009

                > Cowboy Poets? WE have one from Mississippi. I met him at a Rodeo here.
                > I think his name was Cotton Yancey. Ever hear of him?

                Biscuit, can't say that I remember the name. The feature Poet here this year will be Baxter Black, I have met and talked to him. In fact
                he came over to where we were cooking to tell us he realy liked the Jambalaya and pinto beans we had cooked inthe DO's and were serving. It was at a Rodeo in W'burg, Az.

                Mark "Da Fork"
              • beeman
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 5, 2009
                  WOW, you are in for a treat, I've heard him on public radio. I sure wish I could meet him.