Re: Just for Newbies like me and oldtimers that haven't heard

  • rednecksteverino
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2009
      We think alike. I have had to abandon the idea of trying them all first. I could make a different soup everyday for a year and still be 3 months behind. There is 489 soups recipes alone. Still it is a great resource and I won't have those "What's for Dinner Blues"
      The wife unit took a job that keeps out past 8 pm 5 days a week so I am the guy who puts dinner on the table for the three kids. I have begun to use my restaurant management skills and make meal plans and shopping lists so I am not going to the store at quarter to 5 to "see what's for dinner" Knowing what's for dinner and having the groceries to put it together is more than half the battle.
      Steve-o
    • tedejo69
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
        This is newbee TERE.. I actually have a three ring binder (neon pink so no one takes it!) and do put all Dutch oven recipes in those page protectors and then organize it. I put the recipes I plan to use for the camp trip in the front (there is a tab for it) in the order I am going to use them that trip, The recipes are detailed down to # of coals and all. So even when I copy them & share them they are copy ready!! The binder fits in the cabinet right next to the Black Notebook of Instructions for the trailer. I like the recipes that even have the pictures so my son-in-law who really wanted to be a chef can follow exactly when camping/hunting with the boys :o)TERE