Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: BC Fire Ban

  • Nancy B
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2009
      Thanks for this link, looks like just what I need.
      Nancy B

      On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM, tedejo69 <tedejo69@...> wrote:

      > Hi,I live in AZ when we cook in our backyard in our DO we used our square
      > BBQ and just rolled it to where we want to cook before we got our cook
      > table. That has sides to protect the charcoal from the wind. It has been a
      > great investment as it breaks down and we use it for our toy hauler which we
      > take camping/hunting. TERE
      >

      > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com<dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Nancy B <nancybhome@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all, I am so envious of you all. I live in BC, Canada, and we have had
      > > province wide fire ban on for over a month now. No campfires, means no
      > > dutchoven cooking. BooHoo!!! I was hoping to get started with DO this
      > > summer. However, I love all the DO talk and the recipes that I am saving,
      > > maybe next year.
      > > Can I cook in a DO in a BBQ? Thanks,
      > > Nancy B

    • norcaldutchovendave
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
        Nancy,
        I use my Weber kettle grill all the time to cook in my camp ovens. its real handy for stormy weather because the lid covers the DO and keeps the briquettes dry and burning when it rains.
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
          On that same line Dave, I just acquired an old Ole Smokey BBQ Pit.  Top and Bottom.  I am going to remove the legs from the bottom, flip it over and build a handle to mount on the top (was bottom) like the top has.  I will be using extra long bolts so when the cover sits on a DO with coals, the bolts will suspend the cover over the DO.  I am leaving the slide vents on for now but I imagine they may come off at some time.

          My hope is that they will be the perfect fit to cover my DO when cooking when I use my Disc Tables and a wind barrier isn't feasable.  Since these are pretty big to start they may even work on my 16" deep too.

          Randy Bear

          I use my Weber kettle grill all the time to cook in my camp ovens. its real handy for stormy weather because the lid covers the DO and keeps the briquettes dry and burning when it rains.

        • Connie Knie
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 30, 2009
            I have one of those covers and they are great! My fiance used it on the second weekend at Woodbadge as he wanted to use a DO but couldn't build a fire so he took my difuser and the foldable dome........

            connie