Brand New to the Group

  • cleancarpetman
    Message 1 of 59 , Aug 16, 2009
      Hi My name is Steve and I just signed up a few minutes ago. I am
      looking at investing in camp ovens. I am looking at Lodge 12" and 14"
      but can't decide whether to go deep or not. I am a baker but would
      mostly use the ovens camping with lots of people around. I am leaning
      to deeper because you can always put less in a big pot but not more in a
      small pot. I am looking for opinions of the group.
      I watched a video put out by IDOS on accessories and it mentioned an
      army surplus stove bottom available in, I guess, Utah at Smith and
      Edwards. Any comments on its availability elsewhere?

    • TRS
      Message 59 of 59 , Sep 2, 2009
        Steve-o.........

        LOL.

        I'm an avid canner and thus end up getting almost any pressure cooker
        and/or canner I see!!!!! I have one that is a yellowish color (needs a
        seal), several that need over pressure things and so forth........ The
        oval one........ Wish I knew exactly where it was at the moment..... I'd
        take pictures......... It has a screw type weight on it, and with the
        numbers that are on it, I'd believe it to be metric!!!!!!! I have not
        yet used it. Right now, it is in storage (recently moved out of a 2200
        sq foot house into a 15' camper trailer..... OUCH). I think that grand
        total I have close to a dozen pressure cookers and/or canners!

        I do know of a lady that lives within 40 miles of me that is also
        afflicted. <G>

        My other half has no problems with me getting the cookers & canners. He
        just thinks I need to find the parts to get them really working,
        though!!!!!! Thank-fully he also has no complaints to my
        castironitis.......... Whew.

        Tuesday at eight..... Darn.... I missed last nights. Care to swing by
        and pick me up next Tuesday evening being my pick up is on jacks???????
        <GGGGGGGG>

        Tami/TX