Re: Pork Lion

  • Ronda
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2009
      Well I'm happy for ya, but aren't you gonna tell us how you did it? Not fair to say you did something good and not share the recipe!! <grin> Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Sam Willoughby" <samwillo@...> wrote:

      > I cooked my first pork lion today and was happy with the outcome.

    • Sam Willoughby
      Message 2 of 7 , May 6, 2009
        Well here goes I made a started with a pork loin about 2lbs made a hole from one end to the other end. Stuffed it with bread crumbs green onion garlic and a little melted butter then put it in apple juice for 5-6 hours.

        Covered the meat with course black pepper sea salt ginger then dusted it with flour.
        Heated up a 10" dutch browned it on all sides then added the apple juice and cooked for about 90 mins.
        It made a good sweet brown gravy to serve on the pork loin.

        One ring on top and on on bottom. put fresh colds on after 45 mins.
      • Gary Wilkins
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2009
          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Sam Willoughby" <samwillo@...> wrote:

          > I cooked my first pork lion today and was happy with the outcome.

          I've seen turducken before, but a pork lion is a new one on me. Not trying to be mean, but just having a little fun. I make mistakes too.

          Gary
        • Ronda
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2009
            Sounds good = thanks for sharing!

            Message 5 of 7 , May 6, 2009
              You're pretty sharp for an old guy! I made straight A's in English and was in several spelling bees, and still missed that one! I guess we'll just call this the pork lion recipe. Now I know I'm gonna try it! Ronda

              --- In dutch\ovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Wilkins" <gg

              Message 6 of 7 , May 6, 2009
                Yep, I can vouch for that.........Hey mustard boy, my scouts made me a Triple Chocolate cake, a Pumpkin Spice cake, and a Peach cobbler tonight to suprise me for my birthday---was cool to see them using their Dutch ovens!!

                Mark