A Successful, but not winning, Main Dish Cook-off Entry

  • Will Shattuck
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      It's been a while since I have posted, but I wanted to share a successful
      afternoon yesterday at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Visalia, CA. The
      manager there, Eric, has been hosting Dutch Oven Cook-offs once a month for
      the past three months. They were Dessert, then Breakfast, and then
      yesterday's Main Dish cook-off.

      I entered a Portabella Mushroom Stuffed Beef Tenderloin. It tasted and
      smelled awesome, but, unfortunately, didn't win. We did get A LOT of
      interest from people who didn't know you could "cook that kind of food in a
      dutch oven." heh, I remember thinking the same thing a few years ago. The
      Sequoia Dutch Ovens were represented and we handed out a lot of information
      and promoted our March 14 D.O.G. I don't think I have every given so many
      tips or answered so many questions about Dutch Oven cooking before. :) It
      was a blast.

      I wanted to share the album I created of my non-award winning, but awfully
      scrumptous Tenderloin.

      Take care all,
      Will
      aka moose, jr.

      --
      Will Shattuck
      Shattuck After Hours Computer Service

      "When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there."

    • Will Shattuck
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
        Doh!, I forgot the link to the album heh.

        http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=94131&id=830583078&l=6f91d

        Will