How-to-Cook-Everything-Vegetarian Cookbook

  • BISCUIT T. SIMS
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
      WE get a lot of questions from different times about Vegetarian cooking. I got this email from Chefs Catalog about this cookbook.

      Click on the link below for web site.

      http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/24991-How-to-Cook-Everything-Vegetarian.aspx?sourcecode=9W3EM4535
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
        The word "vegetarian" is an old indian word. Translated, it means........... "poor hunter".

        And I am a strict vegetarian........between meals.

        Mark

        WE get a lot of questions from different times about Vegetarian cooking. I got this email from Chefs Catalog about this cookbook.

        Click on the link below for web site.

        http://www.chefscat alog.com/ product/24991- How-to-Cook- Everything- Vegetarian. aspx?sourcecode= 9W3EM4535

      • Charles Edwards III
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
          Vegetables?

          Vegetables aren't food.  Vegetables are what food eats.

          The word "vegetarian" is an old indian word. Translated, it means............ "poor hunter".

          And I am a strict vegetarian........between meals.

          Mark

          WE get a lot of questions from different times about Vegetarian cooking. I got this email from Chefs Catalog about this cookbook.

          Click on the link below for web site.

          http://www.chefscat alog.com/ product/24991- How-to-Cook- Everything- Vegetarian. aspx?sourcecode= 9W3EM4535

        • Susie Allen
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
            Mark, I like your sense of humor....I know about those recipe police...I am a quilter and we have to watch out often for those quilting police....good advice Omar....we can  change recipes to our own tastes....and Biscuit??  I've had some of the same trouble with non name brand foods....HEB has some good store brand products also but you still have to be selective....

            ________________________________
            The word "vegetarian" is an old indian word. Translated, it means....... .... "poor hunter".

            And I am a strict vegetarian.. ......between meals.

            Mark

            WE get a lot of questions from different times about Vegetarian cooking. I got this email from Chefs Catalog about this cookbook.

            Click on the link below for web site.

            http://www.chefscat alog.com/ product/24991- How-to-Cook- Everything- Vegetarian. aspx?sourcecode= 9W3EM4535

          • robert frazier
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
              is this for ever part of the vegetarian? i've heard they can be tough and chewy....

              WE get a lot of questions from different times about Vegetarian cooking. I got this email from Chefs Catalog about this cookbook.

              Click on the link below for web site.

              http://www.chefscat alog.com/ product/24991- How-to-Cook- Everything- Vegetarian. aspx?sourcecode= 9W3EM4535

            • Ronda
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
                Good one Mark!! How many meals do you eat each day by the way? And
                how much time between them. heehee! I eat about 4 times a day -
                then I have snacks. But hey, popcorn's a vegetable, right? I'm not
                sure about Starburst Fruit chews. Or tootsie roll pops. rb

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark & Barbara Wilkins
                <barb7513@...> wrote:

                > The word "vegetarian" is an old indian word. Translated, it
                means........... "poor hunter".

                > And I am a strict vegetarian........between meals.
                >

                > Mark

                Cookbook
                > To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 6:45 AM
                >

                > WE get a lot of questions from different times about Vegetarian
                cooking. I got this email from Chefs Catalog about this cookbook.

                > Click on the link below for web site.
                >
                > http://www.chefscat alog.com/ product/24991- How-to-Cook-
                Everything- Vegetarian. aspx?sourcecode= 9W3EM4535

              • Michael Warner
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
                  Heaven knows that I have cracked more Vegetarian jokes than anyone I
                  know. But ... my son, my lovely daughter-in-law and their two kids
                  (being Grandchildren #2 and #3) are all VEGANS. For those of you out in
                  the woods - take a Vegetarian, now remove all fish, ALL the dairy, even
                  honey. And don't even think about using those leather gloves around the
                  campfire! Ah, yes. Did I mention the grandkids? Sigh. So this old,
                  unrepentant, carpetbagger, Yankee, carnivoir, Republican, neo-
                  Conservative, (man, I got more issues than you can shake a stick at!)
                  has learned to cook Vegan for the sake of.

                  So we always do one main Vegan dish when we camp with the kids. I
                  strongly suggest the Moosewood Restaurant series of cookbooks. It's a
                  Vegetarian restaurant in Ithaca, NY (central Upstate where the kids
                  live - read "Hippie Central" but a beautiful town in the heart of the
                  Finger Lakes) and their recipes are well tested and their cookbooks
                  very readable. Ask for them in your Borders Bookstore.

                  Mike
                  in Upstate NY where it's a heat wave in the 30s today and the snow's
                  melting - Leon ... is Spring here?
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
                    I sympathize with you Mike. My son has decided he can't eat pork!
                    Apparently he doesn't understand the cost of protein yet. I once saw him
                    make a face like "Uuuuuck HOW CAN YOU EAT THAT PIG" when I bit down on a
                    sausage egg and cheese biscuit. Well, after last night I learned he doesn't
                    know what most folks put in Tamales either! He didn't ask and I didn't
                    volunteer.

                    Randy Bear

[...]

                    18:02:00