Baked Cheese Grits

  • Bob Weiss
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2008
      Biscut try these grits on for size, they are what we call "fittin"
      over here in NWArk. Bob Weiss

      Ingredients
      4 Cups water
      1 1/2 tsp salt
      1 cup quick cooking grits ( not instant)
      1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
      1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
      2/3 cup milk
      2 tsp butter or margarine
      1/4 tsp ground red pepper or cayenne
      4 eggs lightly beaten
      1/4 tsp Paprika

      Directions, (1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring water and salt
      to boilling in a large saucepan;stir in grits. Return to
      boilling,cover,reduce heat and simmer 5 min.,stirring occasionally.
      Remove from heat. Add cheeses, milk butter and red pepper. Add eggs;
      stir well. (2)Spoon mixture into lightly greased 2-quart casserole;
      sprinkle with paprika.Bake one hour or untill thoroughly,heated and
      lightly browned. Let stand 5 min. before serving.