A meaningful gift

  • Gary Wilkins
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2008
      At the National DOG I was pleasantly surprised to be on the recieving
      end of a jar of Stadium Mustard. I don't necessarily like mustard but
      this gift really touched me. Somebody really cares enough to put some
      thought in. Thank you, Fran. Sunday afternoon some of my eight kids
      with their spouses and children were at the house and I grilled some
      hamburgers and hot dogs. Stadium Mustard is really good stuff.

      Gary
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2008
        Hey everyone:

        If you all get a chance to get out to the AZ State Fair this Saturday, Nov.1st, here is the lineup for the 2008 AZ State Championship Dutch Oven cookoff which looks to be quite the challenge with the following teams & dishes submitted:

        2008 Arizona State Championship Dutch Oven Cookoff
        Don & Sally Eymann:
        Piñata Pork Roast
        Garlic Herb Bread
        Banana Split Cake

        Ed Wixon & Armando Chavez:
        Sunday Pot Roast
        Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread
        Indian Pudding

        Derrick Shields & Shelly Hage:
        Ham Braised in Madeira Wine with Rosemary & Green Peppercorns
        Four Onion Foccacia
        Carrot Cake

        Jeff & Susan Norberg:
        Pork Loin and Cranberry-Apricot Stuffing with Mission Fig Sauce
        Cheesy French Bread
        Decadent Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce

        Ken Reid & Brandi Montoya:
        Pork Roast with Southern Grits & Green Beans with Bacon
        Just Plain Good Rolls
        Cinnamon Rolls

        Rus Harris:
        Filet of Beef with Wholegrain Mustard Coating
        Southwestern Pepper Jack Dinner Rolls
        Berry Chocolate Crumble Cake

        Barbara Wilkins & Brian Vella:
        Cuban Round Roast
        Rosemary Garlic Bread
        Snickers Cake

        Jan & Kathie Smith:
        Teriyaki-Pineapple Pork Tenderloin
        Stuffed Cresent Rolls
        Strawberry-Bavarian Cream Puffs

        The teams will be cooking and submitting their dishes to the judges at these times:

        Dessert--2:00 p.m.
        Bread--3:00 p.m.
        Main dish--4:00 p.m.

        Also, on Saturday November 8th we will be doing Dutch oven and Turkey Roaster
        demonstrations at Sportsmans Warehouse at I-17 and Yorkshire. We invite you
         to bring your ovens and cook your favorite dish or two along side us, and show
         off your skills and recipes to the public from 10:00am to 3:00pm. The weather
         is cooling off, and this is a great opportunity to get out and practice with your Dutch
        ovens and have some fun! We look forward to seeing you soon !!

        Mark Wilkins
        Director, AZ Chapter of IDOS
        2007 AZ State Champion

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2008
          You almost brought a tear to my eye, Gary. Too bad you tossed that gift of a Large Yellow Sueeze bottle I gave you........................

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2008
            Stadium Mustard is really good stuff.

            > Gary

            What is Stadium Mustard? Never heard of this brand?

            Back home in Alabama, we have a company called Piknik and Bama. They
            really make some good mustard and mayo.

            I was working in their plant one time as an exterminator. They had a
            large warehouse with a pile of mustard seeds. Those are really small
            seeds.
          • jjfan~mislilmis~jjfan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2008
              don't get a tear in your beer....or your mustard!
              Melissa

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2008
                "Stadium Mustard" -- http://www.stadiummustard.com

                We have a gallon of it at home, so I bottled up a jar and presented it
                to Mr. Mustard when we were out at AZ. Actually, that is one of my
                favorite mustards too, nothing like Stadium Mustard on a hot dog.
                Even tho' the mustard gift started as a joke, it really is good stuff
                if you like mustard -- Gary, I'm glad your family enjoyed it (eight
                kids???)

                Fran L-G
                Cleveland OH