How to orginize all/some my pots, pans and other CI stuff.

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2008
      I seem to be getting more and more CI stuff and my cupboards are full
      and in disarray, they were before but now even worse. I've been
      looking at pan racks but my budget is not so grand and my kitchen is
      an average size kitchen--at best. I would like to hang them flat on
      the wall, but not sure how to go about it. Of course it would have to
      be strong to hold all CI stuff. I also find CI pretty and would like
      to work it into the decor of the kitchen.

      For griddles, molds and the like I was thinking about making a narrow
      (6" or 8")"L" shaped shelf akin to what is used for plate collections
      with a dado cut near the edge. Placing it around 3 sides of my
      kitchen just over a foot down from the ceiling. I could put a screw
      or two in ever stud along the vertical part of the "L", and the dado
      would keep the griddle and molds from sliding off too easy. I may
      even hang the ol' camping enamel coffee cups along the length of the
      shelf. Not sure if that would make it too busy looking but, eek, I
      have enough of them to supply an army.

      Not sure how to organize the DO's other than stacking them.

      Does anyone have any ideas?

      Cramped for space,
      Tim
    • Ronda
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
        Tim - I've asked Doug to build a metal corner shelf for our
        kitchen. Something with largest rack on bottom, narrowing down to
        small rack on top. There's picture of a similar rack / stand in the
        photo album marked "Cobweb" / Mark Wilkins. You might check that
        out. I don't know if Mark built that, had it built, or bought it.
        Ronda