New Group Photo: "Big DOGS" for 2008

  • Fran L-G
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2008
      There's certainly some "Big DOGS" being planned this year!

      The 5th Annual National DOG, started by this dutchovencooking group,
      will be Oct 24-26, 2008, at the North Ranch Escapees Park in Congress,
      AZ. Shown is the 2 Marks (Mark Wilkins & Mark "Da Fork" Guidry) with
      Big Bertha.
      http://www.geocities.com/az.idos

      IDOS Fall Convention, hosted by Southern California Chapter of IDOS,
      Oct 17-19, 2008, at Doheny State Beach, Dana Point, CA. "The SoCal
      Gals" are pictured from their last Beach DOG.
      http://forums.idos.org/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15883

      The 1st Midwest DOG, hosted by the "Prairie Rose Cookers" Dutch Oven
      Society and the Linn County Conservation Dept, Sept 19-21, 2008, at
      Pinicon Ridge Park, Central City, IA. Coordinator Georgia is pictured
      in the red shirt at the Iowa DOG.
      http://www.midwestdutchovengathering.com

      Let us know if you're coming to these Big DOGS in the Database section.

    • Ranes
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2008
        The IDOS Spring Convention seems to be missing from your list.
      • Fran L-G
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2008
          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ranes" <ranescarter@...> wrote:

          > The IDOS Spring Convention seems to be missing from your list.

          Sorry! I was mostly thinking of those DOGS towards the end of the year
          that are all happening in a "lump".

          Snatched from the IDOS home page --

          2008 IDOS Spring Convention
          April 18-19, 2008

          Davis County Fair Park in Farmington, Utah

          Join in the Fun!

          Fridayâ€"April 18, 2008
          Dutch Oven Gathering Pot Luck Dinner
          Bring Your Favorite Dish to share and Table Service & Beverage for
          your party

          Saturdayâ€"April 19, 2007
          Dutch Oven Cooking Demonstrations
          Dutch Oven Cooking Classes
          Auction - IDOS Raffle - Vendor Booths
        • Sherry Colvin
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1, 2008
            Actually, I think that picture was 2 or maybe 3 years ago...it
            definitely wasn't this last one.
            One of the Gals!

            Fran L-G wrote:

            > IDOS Fall Convention, hosted by Southern California Chapter of IDOS,
            > Oct 17-19, 2008, at Doheny State Beach, Dana Point, CA. "The SoCal
            > Gals" are pictured from their last Beach DOG.
            > http://forums.idos.org/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15883
            > <http://forums.idos.org/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15883>

          • Biscuit
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Hebert"
              <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

              > It is only 1400 miles drive for me! Boy that is a long way! I know
              quit
              > your fussing! Gonna take a lot of planning for me. Maybe I should
              fly
              > there and buy me an oven to cook with there. Shucks I can have Cindy
              and
              > Charlie bring me something special and UPS it back home. I wonder if
              the VW
              > gonna make the trip or are they gonna make plans to drive something
              else.
              > Randy Bear
            • Ruth
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
                You all make these DOGS sound like such fun! Is there every anything
                in the north east? Sunny California sounds inviting but that's a long
                ways to go.
                Ruth
                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Fran L-G" <fran_lg@...> wrote:

                > There's certainly some "Big DOGS" being planned this year!
              • K. Brown
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
                  Morning, Ruth.

                  Dutch Oven Dave does DOGs and demos in the New York/New England area.
                  He is on the group.

                  Ken

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
                    I was just looking in the files section and saw this- "DOG Tips - How
                    to Put On a DOG". I guess that could answer my question, eh? First I
                    would have to learn a lot more about this DO cooking.
                    I'll be meeting Dutch Oven Dave (apparently 3 of them)this Sunday at
                    one of his demos. Looking forward to it.
                    Ruth
                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "K. Brown" <savage99_250@...>

                  • DutchOvenDave@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
                      Ruth,
                      Here is information on a DOG that will be held in Ohio in May. I know this
                      isn't close to you but it is the largest one to be held around here.
                      Dave

                      DUTCH OVEN GATHERING
                      AT LEHMAN’S OF KIDRON
                      Dutch oven enthusiasts from NE Ohio are holding their “First Annual Dutch
                      Oven Gathering” (D.O.G.) at Lehman’s of Kidron, Ohio on Saturday, May 24th,
                      2008 from 10:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.
                      Lehman’s, _http://www.lehmans.com_ (http://www.lehmans.com) , is known
                      world-wide for their simple, down to earth products and philosophy. They are
                      located in the heart of Ohio’s Amish community.
                      Dutch oven cooks of all skill levels are invited to attend. Individuals as
                      well as groups like Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are welcome. Bring all your
                      supplies and a favorite dish or two to cook. Never cooked in a Dutch oven before
                      and want to learn? No problem, “Dutch Oven” Dave Horton will be here from
                      Buffalo, NY to put on one of his Dutch oven training classes. And Lehman’s has
                      a large selection of cast iron pots and accessories to choose from.
                      We will start setting-up at 10:00 AM. and plan on eating at 3:00 PM. There
                      is plenty of time for set-up, food preparation, cooking and walking through
                      Lehman’s great newly remodeled store.
                      There has been interest from folks in Akron, Canton, Columbus, Cleveland,
                      Toledo, Michigan and Western PA and more, to have a D.O.G. in a central
                      location in this part of the country so here is our chance. Lehman’s is an excellent
                      location with plenty of room and a wonderful store to visit and tweak our
                      interest in some of the more simple ways of life. Come make some new friends
                      and cook up some good food!
                      For more information or to sign-up, please call or email:
                      Matt Buser – 330-603-7266 or _mebuser@..._
                      (mailto:mebuser@...)
                      Lehman’s
                      One Lehman’s Circle
                      Kidron, Ohio 44636
                      1-888-438-5346

                      Home.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
                        Nothing a plane ride and a rental car wont fix.

                        --- Ruth <rooween@...> wrote:

                        > You all make these DOGS sound like such fun! Is
                        > there every anything
                        > in the north east? Sunny California sounds inviting
                        > but that's a long
                        > ways to go.
                        > Ruth

                      • Biscuit
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 2, 2008
                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark & Barbara Wilkins
                          <barb7513@...> wrote:

                          > Nothing a plane ride and a rental car wont fix.

                          Or you have a friend to pick you up and bring you to camp. Thanks
                          Brenda and Sherry.Beach DOG memories.
                        • Charcin
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 3, 2008
                            Well, we got the North part down anyway! Black Pot Demo's has over 22
                            events scheduled so far this coming year. Most in Wisconsin. Check out our
                            schedule!
                            www.blackpotdemos.com

                            Cin

                            Cindy & Charlie Overton

                            Black Pot Demo's
                            Outdoor Cooking Seminars, Demo's and Private Chef
                            www.blackpotdemos.com <http://www.blackpotdemos.com/>

                            Cook N' Camp
                            A Full line of quality Outdoor Cooking products at discount prices
                            www.cookncamp.com <http://www.cookncamp.com/>

                            --- In dutchovencooking@ <mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com>
                            yahoogroups.com, "Fran L-G" <fran_lg@...> wrote:

                            > There's certainly some "Big DOGS" being planned this year!

                          • Jim Peterson

                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 4, 2008
                                Well Geesh Jim,

                                We'll be in your area later this month! Come on out and cook Breakfast
                                with us for the Prairie Chicken Festival! We will be there all 3 days.
                                Just gotta be up early is all!

                                www.blackpotdemos.com <http://www.blackpot <http://www.blackpotdemos.com/>

                                www.cookncamp.com <http://www.cookncam <http://www.cookncamp.com/> p.com/>