Re: [Dutch Oven Cooking] looking for late night party snack

  • Mark Hansen
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 1, 2008
      --- david ball <riverjourneys@...> wrote:

      > We have so much zucchini each summer that the
      > ongoing joke is that you fill boxes with it and
      > leave it on the neighbors porch, ring the door bell
      > and run. It can be used in a lot of different ways,
      > makes a great filler for soups, stews, etc.

      Q: Why do mormons (or whatever denomination you happen
      to live around) lock their car doors when they go to
      church?

      A: Because if they don't, when they come out it will
      be filled with Zucchini!

      :-)

      MRKH

      Mark Hansen

      +++++

      Recipes and Ruminations of a Dutch Oven Cook: http://marksblackpot.blogspot.com
      Inspiring rock music, free songs: http://markhansenmusic.com
      Church pop culture blog: http://moboy.blogspot.com

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Don Lohr
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2008
        I just purchased a cast iron griddle at a yard sale that has a slight
        warp. Is it possible to straighten it out?

        don

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Jim Peterson <wi_bigjim@...>
        wrote:

        > If you use hardwoods and let it burn down to coals first, you won't
        have much more mess that with charcoal. If you're cooking over flame
        you'll get a lot of soot. If you use softwoods you'll get a mess from
        the pitch in the wood.

        > Jim in Wisconsin
        >
        > Sybil Rampy <sybram@...> wrote:
        >
        > How do you clean the outside of your DO when you cook over on a
        grill or hang one on a tripod over an open fire? Doesn't it get all
        black and yukky? Cooking over coals is such an easy clean up, but my
        son made me an outfit sort of like Johnny Nix used on Camp Fire Cafe.
        You hang the DOs from S hooks, but I've put off using it because of
        the clean up. Shame on me, but hope I can get some tips here. Still no
        soap I guess, even on the outside.

        > http://biggestloser.msn.com/

      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 2, 2008
          zucchini

          I like zucchini but I sneak it in a chocolate,chocolate chip cake. Hmmm
          really good.

          I'll have to try and find that recipe I bet it would be good in a
          Dutch oven.

          bye,
          mamabear-kathy