What kind??

  • Charcin
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 8, 2008
      Alright folks!

      Black Pot Demo's is branching out again! We spent all Tuesday afternoon
      with a great little family owned and operated Spice Company working on some
      new spice mixes for us to start offering folks.
      In the near future we will be carrying our own brand of spices! Right
      now we are working on these mixes. All custom blended to our
      specifications.

      BBQ
      Cajun
      Roasted Garlic
      Lemon Pepper
      Prime Meat Rub (My most favorite)
      Turkey Rub
      Fresh Taco

      Butter Garlic Injectable Marinade
      Teriyaki Injectable Marinade
      Chipotle Injectable marinade

      Homestyle Jerky Kit
      Fish Batter

      We also tried some really great bread crumb coatings and mixes. Don't
      know how much call there is for these, but if there is I can offer them
      also!

      Mediterranean
      Potato
      Chipotle
      Sicilian
      Cranberry
      Wisconsin Cheese & Beer

      What we would REALLY like to do though is ask you folks what you would be
      interested in?? Any seasonings or spices that you would like to try? Any
      ideas that you always thought would be good, but just haven't found the
      combination yet??
      This company is more than willing for us to try new things, and will mix
      small batches, so we are looking for input! Let's hear it.....Waddaya
      want??

      Cin

      Cindy & Charlie Overton

      Black Pot Demo's
      Outdoor Cooking Seminars, Demo's and Private Chef
      www.blackpotdemos.com <http://www.blackpotdemos.com/>

      Cook N' Camp
      A Full line of quality Outdoor Cooking products at discount prices
      www.cookncamp.com <http://www.cookncamp.com/>

    • Doug McGee
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 8, 2008
        I'd sure like to check out that Cajun seasoning stuff..

        Doug

        On Feb 8, 2008 1:29 PM, Charcin <charcin1@...> wrote:

        > Alright folks!
        >
        > Black Pot Demo's is branching out again! We spent all Tuesday afternoon
        > with a great little family owned and operated Spice Company working on
        > some
        > new spice mixes for us to start offering folks.
        > In the near future we will be carrying our own brand of spices! Right
        > now we are working on these mixes. All custom blended to our
        > specifications.
        >
        > BBQ
        > Cajun
        > Roasted Garlic
        > Lemon Pepper
        > Prime Meat Rub (My most favorite)
        > Turkey Rub
        > Fresh Taco
        >
        > Butter Garlic Injectable Marinade
        > Teriyaki Injectable Marinade
        > Chipotle Injectable marinade
        >
        > Homestyle Jerky Kit
        > Fish Batter
        >
        > We also tried some really great bread crumb coatings and mixes. Don't
        > know how much call there is for these, but if there is I can offer them
        > also!
        >
        > Mediterranean
        > Potato
        > Chipotle
        > Sicilian
        > Cranberry
        > Wisconsin Cheese & Beer
        >

        > What we would REALLY like to do though is ask you folks what you would be
        > interested in?? Any seasonings or spices that you would like to try? Any
        > ideas that you always thought would be good, but just haven't found the
        > combination yet??
        > This company is more than willing for us to try new things, and will mix
        > small batches, so we are looking for input! Let's hear it.....Waddaya
        > want??
        >
        > Cin
        >
        > Cindy & Charlie Overton
        >
        > Black Pot Demo's
        > Outdoor Cooking Seminars, Demo's and Private Chef
        > www.blackpotdemos.com <http://www.blackpotdemos.com/>
        >
        > Cook N' Camp
        > A Full line of quality Outdoor Cooking products at discount prices
        > www.cookncamp.com <http://www.cookncamp.com/>

        Life should not be a journey to the grave
        with the intention of arriving safely in
        an attractive and well preserved body, but
        rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used
        up, totally worn out, and screaming
        "Woo Hoo -- What A Ride!"
        --------------------------------
        Out the modem, through the POP,
        down the T1, off the router, down
        the OC3...nothin' but Net.
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 8, 2008
          about 3-4 years ago I found a kit with 6 small containers of spices,
          loved it for camping can't seem to find them any more. Just right for a
          year of camping
        • B. Anderson
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 8, 2008
            "...about 3-4 years ago I found a kit with 6 small containers of spices, loved it for camping can't seem to find them any more. Just right for a year of camping."

            Tom, I was thinking about this very thing last week. I started saving small Rx bottles to put spices in but a kit would be great.

            Corona~Barb

          • Charcin
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 8, 2008
              What kind of mixes would you like to see in it? We are actually talking
              with the spice folks about doing something like that. Remember we can make
              anything that someone has an idea for, so the choices are not limited to
              what I posted that we are already looking at.

              Would you like a pre-selected kit, or maybe something like a special pricing
              on 4 or 6 spices off the website? Or maybe both ways?? Smallish bottles
              for easier packing in the camping gear? Right now we are looking at bottles
              about the same size as the McCormick Spices come in at the stores.

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 9, 2008
                > Tom, I was thinking about this very thing last week. I started
                saving small Rx bottles to put spices in but a kit would be great.

                > Corona~Barb

                Hey Barb!

                I don't think that RX bottles would give you a good seal, to keep
                your spices fresh.

                Go to this web site for bottle.
                http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysjars.html

                Penzeys Spices are really good. I bought the B. 4 fl. oz. (1/2 Cup)
                2¼" diameter x 2¾" high

                95202 Spoon out jar, with black lid

                These are short.

                I bought a tool plastic stackable tool box. Two rows stack on top of
                each other. I made my spice box from a tool box. I got tired of
                looking for spices or having to gather them all up each time I needed
                them. I have em all in one place.

                Here is a web site of a photo of the tool box I have. You may can
                find some less expensive.

                http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/54700.html
              • B. Anderson
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 9, 2008
                  Biscuit,

                  That's a great idea. I bought an inexpensive small plastic 3 drawer thingy at Target to put a few kitchen things in when I go camping (so I'm not rummaging through boxes or bags). I only want to keep a small amount of spice in there. I'm looking for little containers, as I'd rather use up quickly and refill than have the spice sit for too long.

                  Penzey's are the greatest! I bought 'Mural of Flavor' and I'm using it in lots of things. It's a salt-free blend. It's herb flavored...I can taste dill, among other things. I really prefer salt-free blends, as many blends are too salty for me.

                  Barb

                • Mark
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 9, 2008
                    This is probably a little crazy but would certainly be a attention
                    getter. We have a walleye run in the Maumee river every spring and I
                    remember seeing a tackle belt that would work well for spices. It's a
                    belt with a dozen or more elastic pockets that four or so inch long
                    plastic water tight canisters slide into. A DO chef could wear their
                    "spice belt" or "spice holster" and never misplace or lose them. One
                    could have all their spices for a dish all measured out if that is
                    allowed in cook-offs. I can't find them on the internet but I will
                    look for them at the local tackle shops for them if anyone thinks this
                    wacky idea suits them.

                    DOC Opa

                    PS I haven't done any outdoor DO cooking in a few weeks and it's
                    obviously having an effect on me.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 9, 2008
                      "I will look for them at the local tackle shops for them if anyone thinks this wacky idea suits them.

                      DOC Opa, I love it...sounds like something Alton Brown would have. Let me know what you find!

                      Corona~Barb

                    • Mark
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 9, 2008
                        Thanks Corona~Barb. Say, how did that X-mas lamb turn out? Did you
                        use the herb paste or opt for one of the other wonderful suggestions
                        you received from the group?

                        DOC Opa

                        In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "B. Anderson"
                        <flowergirl909@...> wrote:

                        > "I will look for them at the local tackle shops for them if anyone
                        thinks this wacky idea suits them.

                        > DOC Opa, I love it...sounds like something Alton Brown would
                        have. Let me know what you find!

                        > Corona~Barb

                      • Chuck hardee
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 9, 2008
                          Check out a shotgun shell holder. There are belts with lots and lots of
                          elastic loops for shells and then there are belts that have a half dozen or
                          so elastic loops. I think the one I have when I hunt has provisions for 30
                          shells, but there were smaller ones available when I was shopping for mine.

                          _____

                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 11, 2008
                            "...how did that X-mas lamb turn out? Did you use the herb paste or opt for one of the other wonderful suggestions you received from the group?"

                            The lamb turned out wonderful. I made a paste using the ingredients you suggested. Unfortunately, it tasted bitter and I figured out it was the rosemary. I remade the paste without it (although rosemary would be a key ingredient) and it still came out great. I cubed some leftovers and made a Lamb Curry on the woodstove. I need to find that scrap of paper with the recipe and post it. :-)

                            Corona~Barb