small pots? / Group Photo

  • Biscuit
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
      What brand of pot is that one with the star on it?

      I have never seen one like it before.

      Biscuit
    • RandyHebert@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
        Brand of pot is not the point! It is a WICCA pot. If I had to have one I would take a grinder to the impression and erase it! Since I can get the same thing with out the emblem for around 6 bucks I don't have to.
        Randy Bear

        From: "Biscuit" <n5hbb@...>

        > What brand of pot is that one with the star on it?
        >
        > I have never seen one like it before.
        >
        > Biscuit

      • K. Brown
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
          How big is this pot in the picture and how do we know it is a wicca
          pot?

          Ken

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, RandyHebert@... wrote:

          > Brand of pot is not the point! It is a WICCA pot. If I had to
          have one I would take a grinder to the impression and erase it!
          Since I can get the same thing with out the emblem for around 6 bucks
          I don't have to.
          > Randy Bear

          > From: "Biscuit" <n5hbb@...>
          > >
          > > What brand of pot is that one with the star on it?
          > >
          > > I have never seen one like it before.
          > >
          > > Biscuit

        • Walt Cornell
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
            The pentagram is a commonly used wiccan symbol.

            Walt Cornell
            waltcornell@...
            http://waltcornell.home.comcast.net

            The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a
            flat tire.

            On Jan 30, 2008, at 11:00 AM, K. Brown wrote:

            > How big is this pot in the picture and how do we know it is a wicca
            > pot?
            >
            > Ken
            >

            > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, RandyHebert@... wrote:
            >>
            >> Brand of pot is not the point! It is a WICCA pot. If I had to
            > have one I would take a grinder to the impression and erase it!
            > Since I can get the same thing with out the emblem for around 6 bucks
            > I don't have to.
            >> Randy Bear

          • K. Brown
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
              But they are not the only ones who have ever used it. I thought
              theirs were turned upside down?

              Ken

              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Walt Cornell

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
                Maybe Ken. I tell what you can do. Open a browser and pull up Google.
                Then hit the images menu on the top. Now put "WICCA" in the search bar and
                see what comes up. 277,000 images I believe. Now put "Star of David" in
                the search window. Similar but not the same and definitely not the same
                cause and effect. Now put in "Upside Down Star". That's your WICCA symbol
                upside down AND it is related to the same thing. Satanism!
                So riddle me this Batman? Why did the GOP change the stars on their
                logo...? To see what I am talking about do a search for "Republican Party
                (United States)" on Wikipedia. It appears the Elephant is sporting upside
                down stars!

                Hummm! I believe I am glad to be a registered Independent right about now!

                Don't shoot the messenger! Randy Bear

                _____

                --- In dutchovencooking@ <mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
                  Hey Ken they come in several sizes but the one I can get for under 10 bucks
                  is about ¾ quart or so. It holds about the same as my CC DO maybe more.
                  You need me to get you a price with shipping?
                  Randy Bear

                  _____

                  How big is this pot in the picture and how do we know it is a wicca
                  pot?

                  Ken

                  --- In dutchovencooking@ <mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com>
                  yahoogroups.com, RandyHebert@... wrote:

                  > Brand of pot is not the point! It is a WICCA pot. If I had to
                  have one I would take a grinder to the impression and erase it!
                  Since I can get the same thing with out the emblem for around 6 bucks
                  I don't have to.
                  > Randy Bear

                  > From: "Biscuit" <n5hbb@...>
                  > >
                  > > What brand of pot is that one with the star on it?
                  > >
                  > > I have never seen one like it before.
                  > >
                  > > Biscuit

                • Mark Hansen
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
                    --- Randy Hebert <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

                    > Maybe Ken. I tell what you can do. Open a browser
                    > and pull up Google.
                    > Then hit the images menu on the top. Now put
                    > "WICCA" in the search bar and
                    > see what comes up. 277,000 images I believe. Now
                    > put "Star of David" in
                    > the search window. Similar but not the same and
                    > definitely not the same
                    > cause and effect. Now put in "Upside Down Star".
                    > That's your WICCA symbol
                    > upside down AND it is related to the same thing.
                    > Satanism!

                    My Wiccan friends would be quick to point out that
                    their pentagram uses the upright star, and the
                    satanists use the inverted start. Others on the
                    Christian side of the fence would probably not make
                    much distinction between the two!

                    Myself? I dunno. I gots no stars on my pots, and I
                    only cooks me dinners, not potions.

                    MRKH

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  • Fran L-G
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
                      Pots in the photo, starting at the center top, then down the right:

                      Heinsohn's Country Store, 1 Qt. Round Bottom Pot with Lid, $11.99 --
                      http://www.texastastes.com/p67.htm

                      Cajun Cookware Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven 1 Qt. (no legs), $8
                      http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_name_Cajun-Cookware-Seasoned-Cast-Iron-Dutch-Oven-1-Qt_item_1463631.html

                      Camp Chef DO-5, with candle & without. Saw at Sportsmans's Warehouse
                      for $12.99 without the candle.

                      Lodge, new 6-inch. Amazon $33.33

                      For the last photo, the original photo came up for a search on African
                      pots. Sorry if I offended anyone. I've since replaced it with the
                      potjie I was trying to find, Size 1/4 at The Cellar Store, $22.

                      Fran L-G
                      Cleveland OH

                      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Biscuit" <n5hbb@...> wrote:

                      > What brand of pot is that one with the star on it?
                      >
                      > I have never seen one like it before.
                      >
                      > Biscuit

                    • K. Brown
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 30, 2008
                        Howdy, Randy,

                        Tomorrow, when I am on a faster computer, I will try this. Star of
                        David has six points. This is a five pointed star.

                        BTW: That ellephant and I also parted company years ago.

                        Ken

                        Just remember, the Wiccans are the good witches.

                        <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

                        > Maybe Ken. I tell what you can do. Open a browser and pull up Google.
                        > Then hit the images menu on the top. Now put "WICCA" in the search
                        bar and
                        > see what comes up. 277,000 images I believe. Now put "Star of
                        David" in
                        > the search window. Similar but not the same and definitely not the same
                        > cause and effect. Now put in "Upside Down Star". That's your
                        WICCA symbol
                        > upside down AND it is related to the same thing. Satanism!
                        > So riddle me this Batman? Why did the GOP change the stars on their
                        > logo...? To see what I am talking about do a search for "Republican
                        Party
                        > (United States)" on Wikipedia. It appears the Elephant is sporting
                        upside
                        > down stars!
                        >
                        > Hummm! I believe I am glad to be a registered Independent right
                        about now!

                        > Don't shoot the messenger! Randy Bear
                        >

                        > _____

                      • Biscuit
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                          Hey Fran!
                          I don not think you offend anyone? Thanks for your research o the
                          POTs.

                          I think I got TMI? You answered my question. Thanks.

                          Biscuit

                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Fran L-G" <fran_lg@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Pots in the photo, starting at the center top, then down the right:
                          >
                          > Heinsohn's Country Store, 1 Qt. Round Bottom Pot with Lid, $11.99 --
                          > http://www.texastastes.com/p67.htm
                          >
                          > Cajun Cookware Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven 1 Qt. (no legs), $8
                          > http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_name_Cajun-Cookware-Seasoned-
                          Cast-Iron-Dutch-Oven-1-Qt_item_1463631.html

                          > Camp Chef DO-5, with candle & without. Saw at Sportsmans's
                          Warehouse
                          > for $12.99 without the candle.
                          >
                          > Lodge, new 6-inch. Amazon $33.33
                          >
                          > For the last photo, the original photo came up for a search on
                          African
                          > pots. Sorry if I offended anyone. I've since replaced it with the
                          > potjie I was trying to find, Size 1/4 at The Cellar Store, $22.
                          >

                          > Fran L-G
                          > Cleveland OH
                          >

                          > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Biscuit" <n5hbb@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > What brand of pot is that one with the star on it?
                          > >
                          > > I have never seen one like it before.
                          > >
                          > > Biscuit

                        • Biscuit
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                            I bought a small Cajun pot from a guy named Bubba. It was at a craft
                            fair/ festival. He made a stand for it. You could put a Sterno Burnner
                            under it to heat sauces.

                            I use it to put my cards in.
                          • K. Brown
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                              Morning, Fran.

                              I don't think you offended anyone. I was just pulling Randy's leg a
                              little yesterday.

                              Ken

                              wrote:

                              > Pots in the photo, starting at the center top, then down the right:
                              >
                              > Heinsohn's Country Store, 1 Qt. Round Bottom Pot with Lid, $11.99 --
                              > http://www.texastastes.com/p67.htm
                              >
                              > Cajun Cookware Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven 1 Qt. (no legs), $8
                              > http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_name_Cajun-Cookware-Seasoned-
                              Cast-Iron-Dutch-Oven-1-Qt_item_1463631.html

                              > Camp Chef DO-5, with candle & without. Saw at Sportsmans's
                              Warehouse
                              > for $12.99 without the candle.
                              >
                              > Lodge, new 6-inch. Amazon $33.33
                              >
                              > For the last photo, the original photo came up for a search on
                              African
                              > pots. Sorry if I offended anyone. I've since replaced it with the
                              > potjie I was trying to find, Size 1/4 at The Cellar Store, $22.
                              >

                              > Fran L-G
                              > Cleveland OH
                              >

                              > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Biscuit" <n5hbb@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > What brand of pot is that one with the star on it?
                              > >
                              > > I have never seen one like it before.
                              > >
                              > > Biscuit

                            • Gary Wilkins
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                                Hey, Fran, I'm offended. Why don't you come out to Arizona and we'll
                                talk about it.

                                Gary

                                I've never been offeded in my life.
                              • Fran L-G
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
                                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Wilkins"
                                  <ggwilkins@...> wrote:

                                  > Hey, Fran, I'm offended. Why don't you come out to Arizona and we'll
                                  > talk about it.
                                  >
                                  > Gary
                                  >
                                  > I've never been offeded in my life.

                                  Well now Gary, with a nephew like yours, I can't possibly believe that
                                  last statement. Next time we come out to AZ I'll have to bring a big
                                  jug of ballpark mustard for ya :-)

                                  Fran L-G
                                  Cleveland OH
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008