New Group Photo

  • Biscuit
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 18, 2008
      This is the photo of the NEW 6 Inch Camp Dutch Oven by LODGE Mfg.

      I got to have one or two or three.........
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 18, 2008
        Has anyone extrapolated the dimensions of the legs yet? Will a chunk of
        Coal fit underneath?
        Randy Bear

        _____

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 19, 2008
          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Hebert"
          <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone extrapolated the dimensions of the legs yet? Will a
          chunk of
          > Coal fit underneath?
          > Randy Bear

          Yes Randy, the coals fits under the 5 inch and the 8 inch so there
          is on reason that they won't fit under the 6 inch. But, I just SWAG'ed
          it, I didn't go through the trouble of extrapolating it. That would
          have taken me 30 seconds more and I just didn't have the time to do it
          then.

          "Da Fork"
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 19, 2008
            Hummm! You mean to tell me there Da Fork, the Camp Chef 5" has shorter legs
            than the Lodge 5"? Cause I got me on of them Camp Chef 5" and when I cooked
            me up a single serving of Fig Pie I had to set the pot on 3 charcoals. The
            legs where not touching the surface of the cook table.
            Randy Bear

            _____

            > Has anyone extrapolated the dimensions of the legs yet? Will a
            chunk of
            > Coal fit underneath?
            > Randy Bear

            Yes Randy, the coals fits under the 5 inch and the 8 inch so there
            is on reason that they won't fit under the 6 inch. But, I just SWAG'ed
            it, I didn't go through the trouble of extrapolating it. That would
            have taken me 30 seconds more and I just didn't have the time to do it
            then.

            "Da Fork"

          • Kathy
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 19, 2008
              Randy Bear,

              Cut you some copper pipe to put on the legs to make them(5"campchef
              DO Legs) a little longer.

              That is what Pa did for my 5" camp chefs also he drilled a small hold
              in the lid handle and We put a ring in it. So the lid lifter could
              pick it up. I think Cindy has a photo of it in her photo album. The
              lid hole and ring was her idea.

              bye,
              mamabear-kathy

              <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

              > Hummm! You mean to tell me there Da Fork, the Camp Chef 5" has
              shorter legs
              > than the Lodge 5"? Cause I got me on of them Camp Chef 5" and when
              I cooked
              > me up a single serving of Fig Pie I had to set the pot on 3
              charcoals. The
              > legs where not touching the surface of the cook table.
              > Randy Bear
              >
              > _____

            • Kathy
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 19, 2008
                http://tinyurl.com/yol8qo

                Cindy's photo of the 5" camp chef lid

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <mamabear5311@...>
                wrote:

                > Randy Bear,
                >
                > Cut you some copper pipe to put on the legs to make them(5"campchef
                > DO Legs) a little longer.
                >
                > That is what Pa did for my 5" camp chefs also he drilled a small
                hold
                > in the lid handle and We put a ring in it. So the lid lifter could
                > pick it up. I think Cindy has a photo of it in her photo album.
                The
                > lid hole and ring was her idea.
                >
                > bye,
                > mamabear-kathy
                >

                > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Hebert"
                > <RandyHebert@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hummm! You mean to tell me there Da Fork, the Camp Chef 5" has
                > shorter legs
                > > than the Lodge 5"? Cause I got me on of them Camp Chef 5" and
                when
                > I cooked
                > > me up a single serving of Fig Pie I had to set the pot on 3
                > charcoals. The
                > > legs where not touching the surface of the cook table.
                > > Randy Bear
                > >
                > > _____

              • Mark & Kathy
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 19, 2008
                  <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

                  > Hummm! You mean to tell me there Da Fork, the Camp Chef 5" has
                  shorter legs
                  > than the Lodge 5"?

                  Yep, by almost 1/2 inch. I didn't put a mic on it but with the ole
                  Stanly 25 ft tape measure it was just about a 1/2 inch. I've cooked
                  with both but I can use "new" coals under the Lodge but I use "old"
                  coals under the Camp Chef. Works just fine for both of them . Like
                  someone said, just cut some short lengths of copper pipe and add to
                  the short legs and PRESTO, you can use new coals under the C C just
                  fine.

                  "Da Fork"
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 19, 2008
                    Now that makes sense Mark! Since I am late getting into the Cast Iron game,
                    I haven't personally seen a Lodge 5" DO! I guess I need to fly to JA Pan!
                    Now I wonder how many I can get into a suit case and stay under my weight
                    limit? Maybe I can pack them in a bladder of sort and fill the dead
                    airspace with Helium! That should help me get a couple more in the bag. :/
                    Randy Bear

                    _____

                    > Hummm! You mean to tell me there Da Fork, the Camp Chef 5" has
                    shorter legs
                    > than the Lodge 5"?

                    Yep, by almost 1/2 inch. I didn't put a mic on it but with the ole
                    Stanly 25 ft tape measure it was just about a 1/2 inch. I've cooked
                    with both but I can use "new" coals under the Lodge but I use "old"
                    coals under the Camp Chef. Works just fine for both of them . Like
                    someone said, just cut some short lengths of copper pipe and add to
                    the short legs and PRESTO, you can use new coals under the C C just
                    fine.

                    "Da Fork"

                  • Ronda
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 19, 2008
                      Well randy, you slept real close to a Lodge 5" that night in our
                      camper. I'da showed it to ya if I'd have known you wanted to see
                      one. I just didn't get it out, cause there was so many strangers
                      around. My little Lodge is pretty precious. Ronda

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 20, 2008
                        So close and yet so far! I have no doubt I will own one someday I just need
                        to be patient and keep my eyes peeled.
                        Randy Bear

                        _____

                        <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

                        > Now that makes sense Mark! Since I am late getting into the Cast
                        Iron game,
                        > I haven't personally seen a Lodge 5" DO! I guess I need to fly to
                        JA Pan!
                        > Now I wonder how many I can get into a suit case and stay under my
                        weight
                        > limit? Maybe I can pack them in a bladder of sort and fill the
                        dead
                        > airspace with Helium! That should help me get a couple more in
                        the bag. :/
                        > Randy Bear
                        >
                        > _____
                        >
                        > From: dutchovencooking@ <mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com>
                        yahoogroups.com

                      • Biscuit T. Sims
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 19, 2008
                          Someone thought the Speedo Photo was Sugar Booger and Myself. It was a
                          friend Sage from CA.

                          Photo is Sugar Booger and Biscuit at a cooking demonstration. This was
                          a Bricks Street Festival in Clinton, MS. We have this festival twice a
                          year.

                          Ole Town Clinton has Brick Streets . It is a very quant little town.
                          There is a lot of Civil Wasr History here in Clinton. The Chapel on
                          the campus of Mississippi College was her during the war.

                          If you have a chance to visit Clinton? We have the SOUTHS Warmerset
                          Welcome.

                          Message 12 of 20 , May 19, 2010
                            A very light cooking table at The Tyler, Texas DOG. Works really well.
                            Under 40 bucks.
                          • Ken
                            Message 13 of 20 , May 29, 2011
                              The new group photo today is from September 2003. Our leader is busy planning his next meal.

                              Biscuit is relaxing in the San Marcos River, soaking up the Texas Sunshine.

                              Message 14 of 20 , May 29, 2011
                                That beats any beach. OH! What a good nap time I had in da river.
                                Wish I was there now.

                                Biscuit

                                Message 15 of 20 , May 29, 2011
                                  I'm thinking instead of the Happy DO cook, we should call him the lazy DO cook. That nap looks pretty good! Ronda

                                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <savage99_250@...> wrote:

                                  > The new group photo today is from September 2003. Our leader is busy planning his next meal.
                                  >
                                  > Biscuit is relaxing in the San Marcos River, soaking up the Texas Sunshine.
                                  >
                                  > Ken

                                • Barbara
                                  Message 16 of 20 , May 29, 2011
                                    Hee, hee...that's a great picture!

                                    Corona~Barb

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 11, 2011
                                      I think this was Da HAT? He walked around with a Foil Ball Cap.
                                      You are gonna have FUN at a National DOG.
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Sep 11, 2011
                                        This was a cooking demo at Lake DeGray Resort State Park this weekend. Biscuit meeting some old and new friends.

                                        This location is the site for the 2013 National DOG. We were giving it a test run. 9 to 10 cooking teams passing out samples to guest. The weather was warm, BUT GREAT!
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Sep 12, 2011
                                          This is what Eric wrote about out event Saturday.

                                          Eric McCallister
                                          WOW!!! what a big turn out for our group we had 10 cooking sites and about 18 to 20 doing the cooking and the rough guess on visitors is 50 to 75 that came to visit.
                                          I want to thank all you for coming out and making it a great event. I am humbled every time we meet because of the great food you put out and the love you show our guest that come to visit.
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Oct 2, 2011
                                            The new group Photo is, The WINNERS of The Three Pot 2011 National DOG COOK Off.