Chicken Pot Pie

    Message 1 of 3003 , Sep 15, 2000
      I will be cooking this at our B.O.W. in
      bag, 16 ounces frozen fresh green peas<br>1 bag, 16
      ounces frozen fresh golden sweet corn<br>2 cans, 10
      ounces chunk chicken, white and dark meat<br>2 cans,
      14.5 ounces chicken broth<br>1 � cups milk<br>2 cups
      all purpose flour<br>1 cup butter, (2 sticks)<br>1
      cup celery, chopped<br>1 cup onion, chopped<br>1
      teaspoon salt<br>1 teaspoon course ground pepper<br>2- 9
      inch pie crusts, Pillsbury folded crust<br>pam cooking
      peas, corn and carrots in cold water to separate; drain
      well. In a separate pot or pan, melt two sticks of
      butter. Add celery and onions. Saute for a few minutes.
      Add salt , pepper, flour , chicken broth and milk to
      mixture. Bring to a boil. Add carrots, corn, peas and
      chicken. Do not drain chicken. Bring mixture to a boil and
      cook for about five minutes. Be sure to keep stirring
      mixture. If it gets too dry, add some more water or milk
      .<br><br> Spray bottom of oven with pam cooking spray. Unfold one
      pie crust and place in bottom of oven. Pour mixture
      in on top of pie crust. Add second pie crust on top.
      Cover with top and cook at 350 degrees for about one
      hour.<br><br> Place 16 coals on top and 8 coals on
      bottom.<br><br> About 15 to 20 servings.
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7 3:30 PM