Derby Pie

    Message 1 of 3003 , Sep 15, 2000
      2 pies, serves 16<br> 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
      cup butter (melted) <br>2 tablespoons Bourbon or
      Vanilla Extract<br>round cake rack<br>aluminum
      in bottom. Add 1 cup of pecans on top of chocolate
      sugar, and syrup. Add melted butter and vanilla extract
      or bourbon. Mix well. <br><br> Pour one half of
      a 12 inch piece of aluminum foil and fold it in
      half. Place round cake rack in bottom of oven. Place
      foil on top of cake rack, letting foil have handles up
      sides to remove pie. Place pie on top of foil and
      rack.<br><br> In a 12 inch oven, place 15 to 17 coals on top and 9
      on the bottom. Or in a 14 inch oven, place 17 to 20
      coals on top and 11 on bottom. Cook for about one hour.
      pie. Cut and enjoy.
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7 3:30 PM