Re: [Dutch Oven Cooking] Re: Fourth National DOG

  • John Frerichs
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
      Becky,

      Congratulations on the 3rd place win! Sounds like it was a great time!

      John

      icookforcrowds <whitecrew@...> wrote:
      Dave,
      I just arrived home from the National DOG and took a couple of pictures
      of Mo's wagon. I will post them in a folder and lable it Three Trails
      Chapter National DOG 07 or something similar. We won the 3rd place
      biscuit prize so you'll see several pics of us with the prize too. We
      had a wonderful time!
      Becky

      Recent Activity

      11
      New Members

      24
      New Photos

      Visit Your Group
      Yahoo! News
      Kevin Sites
      Get coverage of
      world crises.

      Cat Zone
      on Yahoo! Groups
      Join a Group
      all about cats.

      Real Food Group
      Share recipes
      and favorite meals
      w/ Real Food lovers.

      .

    • icookforcrowds
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
        We had a really great time. It was nice to put faces with names. The
        win was just the cherry on top! We definitely want to do this again,
        probably will plan on going to Oklahoma in 2009.

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, John Frerichs
        <owl_c2598@...> wrote:

        > Becky,
        >
        > Congratulations on the 3rd place win! Sounds like it was a great
        time!

        > John
        >
        > icookforcrowds <whitecrew@...> wrote:
        > Dave,
        > I just arrived home from the National DOG and took a couple of
        pictures
        > of Mo's wagon. I will post them in a folder and lable it Three
        Trails
        > Chapter National DOG 07 or something similar. We won the 3rd place
        > biscuit prize so you'll see several pics of us with the prize too.
        We
        > had a wonderful time!
        > Becky
        >

        > Recent Activity
        >
        > 11
        > New Members
        >
        > 24
        > New Photos
        >
        > Visit Your Group
        > Yahoo! News
        > Kevin Sites
        > Get coverage of
        > world crises.
        >
        > Cat Zone
        > on Yahoo! Groups
        > Join a Group
        > all about cats.
        >
        > Real Food Group
        > Share recipes
        > and favorite meals
        > w/ Real Food lovers.
        >

        > .

      • BISCUIT
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
          WELL!!!! Biscuit made it home today at 330 pm. We were about the
          last ones to leave. Mark Da Fork, T-Bone andDa Bear were still
          there. On our way out Fran and Ray were breaking camp. We drove by
          for a last visit with Cee Dubs and Penny. We must have visited about
          an hour before we left. They are such nice folks to talk to and we
          all said our good byes. There is a tear in my eye.

          Just to give you a count on how many? We had 170 cooks and about 600
          in the park on Saturday. We had about 400 and the Friday night
          meal.Everyone I talked to had a wonderful time and loved this park.
          Had lot's of time to visit. Just hated to go.

          Sunday night, Sugar Booger and I went by Captian Midnights camp. We
          had an evening meal with T-Bone, Alabama Tigger, Fran and Ray, Da
          Fork and Kathy, Pump Dr. and Evelynn, and Da Bear. I hope I did not
          miss anyone. I got to taste some of the caps Gumbo. It was tastey. I
          am sorry he did not win, but I did have to let out my belt buckle a
          bit.

          I just want to THANK Everyone who came this weekend. Itwas nice to
          see Old Friends and make new ones over a camp dutch oven. I got to
          visit with the OK bunch. I good group of nice folks. They have one
          BIG Tee Pee.

          Johnny, Cee Dubs and penny and John G. Ragsdale, yall were such a
          delight to have at our event. We enjoed the memories that will last
          a life time.

          GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

          Biscuit
        • Ronda
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
            You & your group did an awesome job Biscuit - thank you so much for
            all your hard work! Doug & I had an awesome time! It was great
            meeting up again with old friends, and meeting new ones. The park
            folks were great too. I know I cried when I had to say good bye and
            leave.

            Wish we could have stayed another day, but we left yesterday around
            noon, drove to Pat Mayse Lake just north of Paris TX and came on
            home today. It was a long haul, we got home around 5 this
            afternoon. It was worth every mile though. Ronda & Doug PS - I
            ate cheese at the Natl DOG too! Thanks Cindy!